Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebuilding Salvaged Model S 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get your car to drive? My car won’t drive after a wreck either. Could it be Pyrofuse?? Can you show me how to check that?

If you have an early build (< 2015), the pyrofuse will be located on the fuse box directly atop the 12v battery (top left corner under air filter); fyi it is an extremely uncomfortable space to work in. Otherwise, it’s located on the only horizontal fuse box in the middle of the bay slightly above the 12v battery.

This is what the pyrofuse looks like:
Attempting to Repair Front Collision Salvaged Tesla

If an airbag deployed, then the fuse is blown and car will not drive. Apply a multimeter to both ends of the fuse to check for continuity, or lack thereof as to confirm it’s blown.

Good luck with the build.

Reactions: Raechris
Awesome, congrats.

Tesla disables OTA updates for all salvaged cars. However, you can always take the car to a service center and they will perform the update there.
Thank God I found a car with clean title. Really rare. After I get everything fixed I’m hoping my car will still be under warranty because there’s only 4000 miles on it and clean title.

Last edited:
Is that permanent or just for the first time once it is back on the road? Do the service centers charge for the updates? Will AP still work? (Thanks)!

Unfortunately, it is permanent. Service centers do not typically charge for the update. AP/Supercharging might be disabled although they can be easily turned on again if you have root.

Thank God I found a car with clean title. Really rare. After I get everything fixed I’m hoping my car will still be under warranty because there’s only 4000 miles on it and clean title.

Agreed, it's not easy finding a wrecked tesla with a clean title. You should be golden once you get your tesla on the road.

• Love
Reactions: Atinspired
@desoukya Hey men happy new year! Just wanted to ask you if you made any progress with you silver Tesla??? You did not updated us for a while already! Plus do you might have a tutorial how to access the factory mode propperly due to the fact that @tedsk is limiting his profile to who can access it and get in touch with him.

Best regards!

My apologies! I finished the rebuild over a month ago. I even took it for a 6 hour road trip and thoroughly enjoyed Autopilot!

tesla_2017_75D.jpg

As far as gaining factory mode and root access, unfortunately it's not knowledge that can be shared. In fact, despite having root access and performing all software related functions myself, @tedsk could not share how to re-flash/re-program separate ECUs as to rectify the version mismatches I encountered. So unfortunately even amongst the small circle of individuals that do have root access, not everyone is willing to share.

I have another interesting project coming up soon...stay tuned.

Reactions: emmz0r
My apologies! I finished the rebuild over a month ago. I even took it for a 6 hour road trip and thoroughly enjoyed Autopilot!

View attachment 366641

As far as gaining factory mode and root access, unfortunately it's not knowledge that can be shared. In fact, despite having root access and performing all software related functions myself, @tedsk could not share how to re-flash/re-program separate ECUs as to rectify the version mismatches I encountered. So unfortunately even amongst the small circle of individuals that do have root access, not everyone is willing to share.

I have another interesting project coming up soon...stay tuned.

Congrats on repairing your second Salvaged Tesla! You the man!

Can you send me PM? I'm currently working on two salvaged Teslas and have a few questions for you. Thanks

Check the opposite side of charger. I don't see logic connector where HV cables come in.

Back in business! Special thanks to @tedsk for his time and help; we were able to re-flash the ecu components that had a version mismatch and redeploy.

View attachment 353798

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I have the exact same issue. My contactors are not closing, DCDC and CMP hwids are missing and I am sure it is a gateway messup. Hardware is fine. Could you help me reflash these ECUs? I'm in a bit of a pickle here.

Hi there
I bought a 2018 S 12/18 build running v9.32.2.2 and will be replacing the airbags soon. the damage was undercarriage but caused the airbags to deploy. Can anyone direct me on how to reset the airbags sign I do have an OBD but when I connect it throw ( vehicle not supported). What I am missing here ?.

• Helpful
Reactions: Xman2198