Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebuilt tesla software help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im Thinking of keeping this car but if Im going to I have to find an affordable alternative to paying Ingineer every time that I need to install a new part for new software. Is there an affordable alternative to keep my supercharger access and allow me to be able to put in parts to my car when they break? and get software updates.

I would think you may not need to pay anything or even have root yourself. While this isn't my area of expertise, you should be able to Swap your parts, connect to the CID computer via telnet and redeploy to get the new parts configured automatically. Actually don't need root to do this.

U can change normal parts without the computer seeing they are new.
They told me i couldnt change door mechanism, i have changed all 4.
They told me i couldnt chg the charge pot, i did.
I dont see that changing parts will bother compter unless it needs programming.
Rich is the expert on that, he built a S from wreak that is still able to super charge.

U can change normal parts without the computer seeing they are new.
They told me i couldnt change door mechanism, i have changed all 4.
They told me i couldnt chg the charge pot, i did.
I dont see that changing parts will bother compter unless it needs programming.
Rich is the expert on that, he built a S from wreak that is still able to super charge.

Yeah I've followed rich for a while I think he just doesnt mention the software stuff because He would have to have root access to do that stuff he does. Its impressive none the less.

I was told that you can change parts as long as they have the same firmware version on them. if not it needs a redeploy

I would think you may not need to pay anything or even have root yourself. While this isn't my area of expertise, you should be able to Swap your parts, connect to the CID computer via telnet and redeploy to get the new parts configured automatically. Actually don't need root to do this.

You might be right but to do this and keep supercharger access that Tesla has kicked me off of, I think I need root and possibly a separate server. Ingineer has my SSH password and I cant get it from him because it would compromise his server setup, so I think Ill need my own server and ssh. Its gonna be a process, Im just glad that Ill be able to fix the heat. Its so frickin freezing in my car right now.

Heater problems

Could be your heater core. May also be your DC to DC converter. (I believe there is a fuse on newer models that you can check?)
THanks again I was just checking on ebay for a good used one. I will be putting one in here soon, hence the need for the software, to make sure it works. I dont think its the Dc-Dc converter as I'm not having 12v issues but I will order the heater part and see if it fixes the issue, unless there is a way to check without having a replacement on hand. Thanks for the link.

You might be right but to do this and keep supercharger access that Tesla has kicked me off of, I think I need root and possibly a separate server. Ingineer has my SSH password and I cant get it from him because it would compromise his server setup, so I think Ill need my own server and ssh. Its gonna be a process, Im just glad that Ill be able to fix the heat. Its so frickin freezing in my car right now.

He has ur ssh keys? That seems bs to me.
He could easily add your public ssh key to the CID so you can log in too.
Anyway, follow this post to root or the salvage car thread on tbis forum.

Root how-to

My heater and ac have quit working not sure which parts are needed yet.

Check the fuses in your DC-DC converter. That is most likely what would cause both heat and AC to go out around the same time. (And would be a fix that doesn't require software help.)

It is possible the PTC heater went bad and took the fuse with it, but replacing the PTC heater doesn't require software either... (From what I understand.)