Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recalibration after windshield replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All! Had a rock chip crack my windshield in April, couple weeks after getting my TM3, today it finally spidered and got a pretty lengthy crack.

I already found a Tesla certified Glass guy in the Bay Area to do the replacement, he actually advised me to wait for it to crack more to replace it. After 3 months I think I need to replace it now since I now have a 12in crack on the windshield

Does anybody have experience with the post replacement recalibration of the windshield and know how much Tesla will charge me? Would love to know. Thanks in advance!

Ok quick update

So I reached out to Primer Auto Glass in Dublin, as they are the certified auto glass repair shop Tesla Bay Area will send you too. They previously advised me not to replace due to a crack close to the edge, told me to wait for it to replace it. 3ish months later here we are.

Once I called Monday morning, Frank of Primer Auto Glass promptly got me an appointment on Thursday to replace it at my home. Per Frank it only takes an hour and it seems quite straightforward, he seemed super confident as well saying it won't take long.

I'm pretty glad I got a date pretty quick, in contrary to most posts saying there is a month wait waiting for glass. Which is great now the availability of parts has increased.

Next update Thursday after replacement! Hopefully won't need to take it to Tesla for recalibrating the cameras! I've had this SR+ for 2 weeks and then the rock chip struck. Ready to be back to 100%!!!

I just had mine replaced (I accumulated TWO rock strikes ) and it was $1300 and change. Took about a month to get the window and 3 days for the work. They REALLY have to tear it apart to do this job. I had zero recalibration or camera issues.

Thanks for the share! Mine is the windshield, not sure if that makes the difference. And I was quoted around 1020 + tax