Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recall: Retrofit Hydraulic Control Unit Wake-Up Wire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the bulletin
1653046334227.png

Found this thread after having "Retrofit HCU Wake-Up Wire" done today. I was wondering what this is supposed to fix. I went in for not working Autopilot and they did this, plus they checked tires pressure and tread depth (did not ask for it). Also, they performed "Update Vehicle Firmware to Correct Boombox Functionality"!? Did not ask for this too.
Oh, and Autopilot still does not work....

Found this thread after having "Retrofit HCU Wake-Up Wire" done today. I was wondering what this is supposed to fix.

To fix this: "In rare circumstances, braking and stability control related alerts may appear on the instrument cluster and touchscreen during the vehicle power-on process. Such faults can typically be corrected and the affected functionality restored with a vehicle power cycle."

plus they checked tires pressure and tread depth (did not ask for it).

Most states require that they perform that any time they work on a vehicle.

Also, they performed "Update Vehicle Firmware to Correct Boombox Functionality"!? Did not ask for this too.

That was a "safety" recall that NHTSA required.

• Informative
Reactions: ZipByICE
To fix this: "In rare circumstances, braking and stability control related alerts may appear on the instrument cluster and touchscreen during the vehicle power-on process. Such faults can typically be corrected and the affected functionality restored with a vehicle power cycle."

Most states require that they perform that any time they work on a vehicle.

That was a "safety" recall that NHTSA required.
I made another appointment to fix Autopliot. As always, the communications are not existent. Ellon has been talking about improving service. Can't wait but my expectations are very low.

Since this is related to brakes, I wonder if they will do this on my car - have the MPP rotors. I have service scheduled for a creaking driver side seat and they added this to the service list
I’m getting this ground wire thing done right now, and interestingly they added it after having to fix my seat. Driver’s seat was creaking/popping, and they ended up replacing entire seat. But then seat heaters did not work, and they ended up having to repush firmware to fix seat heaters. Weird. Anyway, boombox and this wake up wire was added. I’m not sure why boombox would not have been already fixed since i have 44.25.5 Already.

I’m getting this ground wire thing done right now, and interestingly they added it after having to fix my seat. Driver’s seat was creaking/popping, and they ended up replacing entire seat. But then seat heaters did not work, and they ended up having to repush firmware to fix seat heaters. Weird. Anyway, boombox and this wake up wire was added. I’m not sure why boombox would not have been already fixed since i have 44.25.5 Already.
I’m getting it done too, but also a front radar sensor replacement due to water intrusion 🤔, I’ll try and ask what it’s for

Attachments

• E5A2F1BD-5F4A-4C2E-AAAB-7CC1153A91B0.jpeg
    E5A2F1BD-5F4A-4C2E-AAAB-7CC1153A91B0.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 56
I took my 2021 Model S Plaid in yesterday to the service center because 3 times over the past year I would get in the car and as it was waking up all of the subsystems (traction control, steering assist, stability control, brake regen, etc.) would all alarm as unavailable. I had tried all the different types of soft resets, hard resets, all of it. The only thing that would work was plugging it in for >24 hrs and not walking near it with anything that would wake it up. This seemed to cause a "deep restart". The next day, it would work as normal. I explained this to the technician and he said, "We've been performing this recall on cars for a while, but always as a precaution. You're the first person I've heard of that is actually experiencing the problem." I'm posting this to potentially help the next person that is experiencing this issue and doesn't find any help with the conventional reset techniques.

Reactions: jebinc