Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recall: Retrofit Hydraulic Control Unit Wake-Up Wire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Concern: Retrofit Hydraulic Control Unit Wake-Up Wire
Correction: Retrofit HCU Wake-Up Wire
Parts Replaced or Added
ASY,HARN,FRUNK SWITCH GND,OVERLAY,MS(1731861-00-A)

Does anyone actually know for sure what this recall does? Also, they say it takes 1.5 hours for the installation. What are they removing to get this recall done?

2021 Plaid July Build.

• Disagree
Reactions: hollow23
So I had it done last week. I asked them what it was all about and they said they run a line from the frunk to the rear of the car. I was speaking with the service advisor. I should have asked to speak with the tech myself. I was tired though after waiting for almost 3 hours.

Reactions: n2mb_racing
I brought my Plaid in for something else and they added this to the service. No idea what this was but notice nothing different other than the things I wanted fixed are fixed that I originally brought the car in for.
Whoa! They fixed something? I've had three service appointments so far with nothing fixed! Ha. Every time they get to the end of the day and say, yeah, we can't get it to work and send me away...

Whoa! They fixed something? I've had three service appointments so far with nothing fixed! Ha. Every time they get to the end of the day and say, yeah, we can't get it to work and send me away...

Put it this way I bought the car in August of 2021 and now end of March 2022 I have everything fixed that I complained about (or found along the way). Most times it was yeah we can fix it or no we can't and we'll reschedule when parts are available.

Reactions: Trunk Gap
Put it this way I bought the car in August of 2021 and now end of March 2022 I have everything fixed that I complained about (or found along the way). Most times it was yeah we can fix it or no we can't and we'll reschedule when parts are available.
Yeah, I'm a few months behind. I think eventually they'll fix my windows, console, etc. I don't know if or when they will be able to fix the half shaft vibrations.

Reactions: jebinc
Yeah, I'm a few months behind. I think eventually they'll fix my windows, console, etc. I don't know if or when they will be able to fix the half shaft vibrations.

Forget it on the vibration thing. I've learned to live with it and work around it. It's really not "that bad." All the people that have driven in the car or have actually drove the car not one has made mention of it.

Forget it on the vibration thing. I've learned to live with it and work around it. It's really not "that bad." All the people that have driven in the car or have actually drove the car not one has made mention of it.
I don't know, mine is pretty strong. It's strong enough that I notice my old 2018 Model 3 is much smoother on the highway because it doesn't have vibrations coupling into my hands.

I don't know, mine is pretty strong. It's strong enough that I notice my old 2018 Model 3 is much smoother on the highway because it doesn't have vibrations coupling into my hands.

Yeah I notice it too but once again I'll pick & choose my battles at this point. It's not my only "fast" car in my garage so if I want vibration from an ICE motor vs an EV motor I'll just swap out to the others. :D