TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Recargo drops recargo?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by PhilBa, Dec 28, 2013.

1. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

Recargo and plug-share merged a while ago and I was hoping that we would get the best of both in a newly merged EVSE search product. Well, it seems that the merged entity (Recargo) has simply dropped the old recargo database and is pointing people to the plug-share map/database as-is. (recargo.com points to plug-share for search.) Maybe I'm missing something, I certainly hope so. There are sites on recargo that didn't show up (and still don't) on plug-share. It seems that you can find cached recargo searches on the internet and get into their search engine that way but it seems like they are trying to push people to plug-share.

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Yes, that's what they're trying to do. With luck at some point they will combine the databases. I've stopped using Plug share because it never shows any charging locations. I guess it's okay for California.

3. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

?
    i just fiddled with the Plug Share app on my ipad and looked around TX. Seems to show at least as many chargers as the Recargo app (which isn't ipad optimized...). Are you sure you don't have filters set correctly?

4. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

I find that each has it's strengths and weaknesses. recargo and plug-share each have entries the other doesn't. I dislike that they are playing down the recargo database/interface.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Both sites improve over time. we all hope for the best of both. Owners are EV drivers so I know the best will come from it. I thought Recargo was a snappier name with a cool logo. :)

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Recargo is crap where I live. I'm personally glad they went with Plug Share because I have found it to be the most complete and reliable of all the services I use. I do suppose it depends on where you live and drive.

7. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I generally don't use any filters. However, it's not Texas that concerns me. Most of my trips are north. Try going up 377/177/77 and see how many charging place you see. Then use the RV Parks map.

8. drees

drees Active Member

It does look like they are having issues importing comments from Recargo to PlugShare. Lots of "(From Recargo)" text in some comments. It's like they attempted to import Recargo comments into PlugShare multiple times or something and did it wrong.

If you see missing stations on PlugShare, just add them. Anyone can do it.

9. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

yeah thats been my experience too. recargo is crap and plugshare is 1000x better and has a tons more charging stations listed.

10. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

I noticed that PlugShare only lists Blink Network chargers but does not list ChargePoint chargers. This is crazy.

11. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

...it lists all of the ChargePoints in my area...

12. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

It lists ChargePoint locations -- an example is the CHAdeMO at Bookmans in Tucson.

There are only a handful of ChargePoints in the Phoenix area though...

13. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Not True! Here is one of many ChargePoint listings near Boulder, CO:

ChargePoint.png