Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recargo drops recargo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PhilBa

Apr 20, 2013
Seattle
Recargo and plug-share merged a while ago and I was hoping that we would get the best of both in a newly merged EVSE search product. Well, it seems that the merged entity (Recargo) has simply dropped the old recargo database and is pointing people to the plug-share map/database as-is. (recargo.com points to plug-share for search.) Maybe I'm missing something, I certainly hope so. There are sites on recargo that didn't show up (and still don't) on plug-share. It seems that you can find cached recargo searches on the internet and get into their search engine that way but it seems like they are trying to push people to plug-share.

Yes, that's what they're trying to do. With luck at some point they will combine the databases. I've stopped using Plug share because it never shows any charging locations. I guess it's okay for California.

Yes, that's what they're trying to do. With luck at some point they will combine the databases. I've stopped using Plug share because it never shows any charging locations. I guess it's okay for California.

?
i just fiddled with the Plug Share app on my ipad and looked around TX. Seems to show at least as many chargers as the Recargo app (which isn't ipad optimized...). Are you sure you don't have filters set correctly?

?
i just fiddled with the Plug Share app on my ipad and looked around TX. Seems to show at least as many chargers as the Recargo app (which isn't ipad optimized...). Are you sure you don't have filters set correctly?

I generally don't use any filters. However, it's not Texas that concerns me. Most of my trips are north. Try going up 377/177/77 and see how many charging place you see. Then use the RV Parks map.

It does look like they are having issues importing comments from Recargo to PlugShare. Lots of "(From Recargo)" text in some comments. It's like they attempted to import Recargo comments into PlugShare multiple times or something and did it wrong.

If you see missing stations on PlugShare, just add them. Anyone can do it.

I noticed that PlugShare only lists Blink Network chargers but does not list ChargePoint chargers. This is crazy.

Not True! Here is one of many ChargePoint listings near Boulder, CO:

ChargePoint.png