Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received 2022.28.2 Update - No "Alternate Routes" Listed in the initial release notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OCJeff

Feb 18, 2021
SoCal (RSM)
When I jumped in my care this morning only the Theater Mode changes were listed as part of the update to 2022.28.2.

Frustrated (after reading that not everyone is getting the "Alternate Routes" feature, I checked the Software status, and checked "Release Notes" in the drivers menu, and it was listed there. Strange it wasn't on the Update page when I jumped in my car for the first drive post update. Plotting a route it did show alternative routes, and the time associated with them. It still makes no sense why it wasn't listed as a feature post update.

Reference: Tesla's Alternate Routes: Who's receiving it and why

When I jumped in my care this morning only the Theater Mode changes were listed as part of the update to 2022.28.2.

Frustrated (after reading that not everyone is getting the "Alternate Routes" feature, I checked the Software status, and checked "Release Notes" in the drivers menu, and it was listed there. Strange it wasn't on the Update page when I jumped in my car for the first drive post update. Plotting a route it did show alternative routes, and the time associated with them. It still makes no sense why it wasn't listed as a feature post update.

Reference: Tesla's Alternate Routes: Who's receiving it and why
Notice on this update that if a SC is needed, it will offer only one route but if the SC is remove, then you will see more routes. Also notice that to play the new added games you need to plugin a USB controller to the port inside the glovebox. I happen to have an Xbox type USB controller that I use with my Linux PC and since Tesla use Linux I decided to give it try and it work like a charm!

Notice on this update that if a SC is needed, it will offer only one route but if the SC is remove, then you will see more routes. Also notice that to play the new added games you need to plugin a USB controller to the port inside the glovebox. I happen to have an Xbox type USB controller that I use with my Linux PC and since Tesla use Linux I decided to give it try and it work like a charm!
Mine wasn’t listed and didn’t appear first day either. Got in the car day 3 and alternate routes popped up!