Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received a redeem code for the mobile charger on my old RN #?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I was checking my email today and received a redeem code for the mobile charger on my old RN #. I already purchased one with a redeem code last November before I took delivery of my car. I thought it was a scam email so instead of clicking the link in the email; I signed into my Tesla account , went to the Tesla shop and copy and pasted the redeem code and it worked. Anybody else find this weird or anyone else got this e-mail from Tesla. The expiration on the redeem code is in August and I definitely didn't order another Y otherwise I would know or will see it in my Tesla account. Thoughts.....I haven't called Tesla yet since it is Sunday today and tomorrow is a holiday.

Trying to decide if there's an arbitrage opportunity since I already have both.
Tesla has something to say about that scenerio, if you resell free items.

Anyway, I got that same email today, and I have until August 15th. I don't need credit towards a wall charger -- I already have a decently working 40A 240v L2 system. I also have a Tesla Mobile Charger kit that came with the car and that I have successfuly used at home and on vacation. And a Toyota L1 J1772 120v charger that I have used on the Toyota and the Tesla. Now Tesla wants to give me another Mobile Charger, free?

Um, OK. Is there a catch? Are they overstocked on these? Are they about to be redesigned and they need to move the old ones out fast? Honestly, I don't get it.

Reactions: slvervper99
I just helped Tesla fire someone. Mine is being shipped as I write this. They had better not back-bill any of us for THEIR mistake.

Canon Refurbs once did something like this where several refurbed (read: new and repo'd) new DSLR's were posted as $1.00, with minimal shipping. Thousands of orders went in, and well, people got deals of a lifetime. I never heard of anyone having to reimburse the company for the mistake at their e-commerce site.

Cosidering that I paid top dollar for my Y at the very beginning of December 2022, and it was then reduced in price by $20,000.00 just a month later, I really don't feel bad about this one single bit. Nope.

So, I was checking my email today and received a redeem code for the mobile charger on my old RN #. I already purchased one with a redeem code last November before I took delivery of my car. I thought it was a scam email so instead of clicking the link in the email; I signed into my Tesla account , went to the Tesla shop and copy and pasted the redeem code and it worked. Anybody else find this weird or anyone else got this e-mail from Tesla. The expiration on the redeem code is in August and I definitely didn't order another Y otherwise I would know or will see it in my Tesla account. Thoughts.....I haven't called Tesla yet since it is Sunday today and tomorrow is a holiday.
How do I get that email?

How do I get that email?

Dunno. It could be totally random, or a server error on Tesla's part. I don't yet have a confirmed shipping or delivery date, just an order receipt. Until the kit is in my habds, I won't confirm this is 100% real.

But what do we all have in common? Maybe there is a correlation? Me: plain Y, ordered in the middle of April 2022, delivered first week of December, 2022. I paid the full high price, less a $3,750 credit that was offered on December 3rd. I was able to qualify for a free (let's say "included") Mobile Charger kit due to my early April order date, and received same a couple days before I picked up the car. I used a code then too, which was emailed to me when the Mobile Charging kit was back in stock. I just had a recent mobile service call, which was no charge due to a falling-off mud flap and very loose rear tail light.

Dunno. It could be totally random, or a server error on Tesla's part. I don't yet have a confirmed shipping or delivery date, just an order receipt. Until the kit is in my habds, I won't confirm this is 100% real.

But what do we all have in common? Maybe there is a correlation? Me: plain Y, ordered in the middle of April 2022, delivered first week of December, 2022. I paid the full high price, less a $3,750 credit that was offered on December 3rd. I was able to qualify for a free (let's say "included") Mobile Charger kit due to my early April order date, and received same a couple days before I picked up the car. I used a code then too, which was emailed to me when the Mobile Charging kit was back in stock. I just had a recent mobile service call, which was no charge due to a falling-off mud flap and very loose rear tail light.
Same here. Ordered in April, picked up Dec 12, got the 3750 and "free mobile charger" and my order was also canceled.