Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received delivery today (Surprise PUP range)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received delivery of my MSM/Black PUP FSD Model Y today! Fit and finish was alright. A number of small issues (scratches on interior plastic panels, rip in the back middle seat (near head rest), panel gap issues and a few wobbly interior panels. Delivery rep documented and photographed all the issues and is setting up a service appointment. Bummer that these issues exist on such a premium car, but definitely could have been worse based on other posters.

What is quite surprising is that I drove 50 miles (small n, I know) home and averaged 273 wh/mile. Mostly highway driving between 50-70mph with the AC and radio on. Not only that, but when I got home and charged my car to 80%, it is showing a range of 252 miles. Much higher than the 280 the PUP equipped MY is rated for. Any guesses why this may be? Did someone forget to update the car for 21'' UTs :D?

Unrelated, but I am also looking to sell my UTs (the seemingly low range hit is awesome, but I do need some heavier duty AS tires for ski trips and probably will opt for 20 inch rims)! Willing to part with them for $2,500 if you are in the New England (Boston) area.

First car & (obviously) first Tesla! :)

Congrats!

Does your avatar on the App or car screen show 21" Überturbines or Inductions/Geminis?

Either way that is awesome. Take a picture - this maybe the last time you'll see 315 miles at 100% SoC. j/k :D

Enjoy your new whip!

It's pretty much useless looking at estimated range numbers with so few miles. The car will learn more over time. At 80%, my car now says about 218 miles. I have 1100 miles now. Even that number I'm not worried about.. a couple miles here or there doesn't make a big difference at the end of the day.

Received delivery of my MSM/Black PUP FSD Model Y today! Fit and finish was alright. A number of small issues (scratches on interior plastic panels, rip in the back middle seat (near head rest), panel gap issues and a few wobbly interior panels. Delivery rep documented and photographed all the issues and is setting up a service appointment. Bummer that these issues exist on such a premium car, but definitely could have been worse based on other posters.

What is quite surprising is that I drove 50 miles (small n, I know) home and averaged 273 wh/mile. Mostly highway driving between 50-70mph with the AC and radio on. Not only that, but when I got home and charged my car to 80%, it is showing a range of 252 miles. Much higher than the 280 the PUP equipped MY is rated for. Any guesses why this may be? Did someone forget to update the car for 21'' UTs :D?

Unrelated, but I am also looking to sell my UTs (the seemingly low range hit is awesome, but I do need some heavier duty AS tires for ski trips and probably will opt for 20 inch rims)! Willing to part with them for $2,500 if you are in the New England (Boston) area.

it is probably 90% and not 80%

It's pretty much useless looking at estimated range numbers with so few miles. The car will learn more over time. At 80%, my car now says about 218 miles. I have 1100 miles now. Even that number I'm not worried about.. a couple miles here or there doesn't make a big difference at the end of the day.

Not sure if that's the case. I have 1,571 and also shows 251 at 80%.

Wait, yours isn't a PUP version right? I would say if you have a PUP with 251 miles at 80% that's really good ;) When I was at 1% and started charging on my PUP, I moved the slider to charge it up to 100% and it said I should have 251 miles at 100% charge...

Mines in my avatar pic and a PUP. Here is what it shows for 100% charge esitmate.

Charge.JPG

I picked my up on Sunday as well and it had a rip/gash in the back of the middle seat. Scheduled the appointment for next week. Have you gotten an estimate on how long its going to take to get any of your issues fixed?

I picked my up on Sunday as well and it had a rip/gash in the back of the middle seat. Scheduled the appointment for next week. Have you gotten an estimate on how long its going to take to get any of your issues fixed?
Called the service center and they said they will do the alignment issues in a matter of 1-2 hours. They have ordered a replacement middle seat and spoiler (mine is coming off the right side). Said parts should come in 4-10 days after which I can come in for another quick install.

I would call the service center to make sure they order the parts. Might be able to get it all done in one go!

Called the service center and they said they will do the alignment issues in a matter of 1-2 hours. They have ordered a replacement middle seat and spoiler (mine is coming off the right side). Said parts should come in 4-10 days after which I can come in for another quick install.

I would call the service center to make sure they order the parts. Might be able to get it all done in one go!

Sorry forgot to add -- I have a PPF install appointment scheduled end of this week, so I wanted to get the alignment issues fixed ASAP (tomorrow) so the PPF install can happen without any panel adjustments afterwards