Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received email from Tesla that my Dual Motor badge is available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

Date: November 21, 2018 at 3:02:09 PM PST
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Your Model 3 Badge

vj4TEmKlZ7mmml5nuET7CLILPUiIDMtL5MXGC00msei6InIqZ8vUC4wrC-uZgkr7lCiP40B14E-tg6upKC26tRyjkNIVFF6KLybzD2j0hSPaL7XGoDu9INe5MG7kAzt90KlH76_XUR2ycQijDnMeQ2fyURmz-yws=s0-d-e1-ft

Hi XXXXXXX,

Great news! We have your Dual Motor badge for your Model 3.

Confirm a time to visit us on December 1 or December 2, 2018 at XXXXXXXXXXXX, San Mateo, CA 94402 and we will complete this complimentary installation in about 15 minutes.

Please let us know if you plan on coming in so we can be ready for you.

We appreciate your patience while we got these badges ready and we hope that you have been enjoying your new Tesla.

For any questions, please view our New Owners FAQ or visit our Model 3 Support Page.

Best Regards,
Tesla Service Team

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Gavyne and forkee
Did you request the Dual Motor badge or they simply reached out to you about it?
I did not make a formal request to Tesla, but a few weeks ago I casually asked a salesperson at my local service center if they had any information on when the DUAL MOTOR badges would be available, and they said they had not heard anything yet.

Reactions: FlyErik
Anyone with a performance model was notified of badge and spoiler availability?

Nope, I got this though, I can't even remember when I sent the request, I think Oct

"Julie,

Thanks for reaching out; were in the final phases of rolling out the badges & your local service center will be reaching out to you to schedule your install as soon as they arrive. I don't have an exact date but it should be in the near future, thank you ! "

Just got my DUAL MOTOR badge at the San Mateo location. When I pulled up at 8AM there was one other 3 there, when I left five minutes later there were six cars there. They were set up to do two cars at a time in covered areas because of the rain.

The steps to apply the badge are; clean paint surface with alcohol wipe, heat gun on low to completely dry surface, position plastic template, apply lettering strip to surface, peel off top plastic piece with letters in place, remove template, run roller across letters to make sure they adhere.

51E7D7A7-83AF-46E1-A9CE-73CDC4C2B301.jpeg

94F7D57B-EE27-4005-B9A5-AE3DBC80A47D.jpeg

I think it looks great. The type font used looks more modern to me than the S/X font, which I never felt was quite right for a modern EV.

3BB49196-B46A-45E9-BBD4-43C222E08668.jpeg

Seriously thinking about getting this to put on the left side. SPACE X Logo Emblem Badge Sticker Chrome Letters For Tesla

C1EAEBEE-A47E-4DB8-A8D0-AE65B62815F4.jpeg

yeah that's kinda pushing it to advertise as one of the differentiating features of the p to have a carbon fiber spoiler and then not to have it already installed on delivery. i mean haven't they designed it yet or not? i'd probably be pissed if i ordered that one.

• Love
Reactions: joelliot
yeah that's kinda pushing it to advertise as one of the differentiating features of the p to have a carbon fiber spoiler and then not to have it already installed on delivery. i mean haven't they designed it yet or not? i'd probably be pissed if i ordered that one.

Im just looking at it like, when the spoiler comes in, it will be like I bought myself an upgrade o_O

• Funny
Reactions: Kbra
As I was driving today, saw truck hauler and it had a model 3 with a badge already (dual motors). Other cars were missing, just one of them. So i wonder if for some cars Tesla started to apply automatically or this was a display car.

I also got an email, but i like my clean look.