Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received Email to Configure - Missing Options??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All : East Coast CT MX owner, just received my email to configure the Model 3 - This question is for those that have already ordered their car :

1. Is there ANY option for cold weather package??? I didn't see any. Or is is included in the Premium package?
2. Seats : Are these leather or the new Faux leather seats like in the newer Model S/X cars
3. Recommendations for 18 vs 19 wheels? ... I have a spare set of Model S 19's in my garage... will those fit on the Model 3

Thanks for your responses!!!! Excitedly waiting to place my order!!

Cheers

Reactions: Starno
1. Premium package includes heated seats
2. Faux Leather
3. No they are a different bolt pattern from what I have read. What you choose is really a personal choice. If you value range the most, go with the Aero 18's. If you like the look of the 19s and are okay giving up a little range, go with that :).

Hi All : East Coast CT MX owner, just received my email to configure the Model 3 - This question is for those that have already ordered their car :

1. Is there ANY option for cold weather package??? I didn't see any. Or is is included in the Premium package?
2. Seats : Are these leather or the new Faux leather seats like in the newer Model S/X cars
3. Recommendations for 18 vs 19 wheels? ... I have a spare set of Model S 19's in my garage... will those fit on the Model 3

Cheers
The email to configure the Model 3 I got today shows it's from "[email protected]" "via mktdns.com" in the "from: line". Having just got a very authentic looking fake Tesla spoof email, is yours from the same domain? When I log into my account directly I see I have the reservations with no link to configure within my account. Is this a spoof ? I am not clicking on the email until I get some sort of verification? Thanks for your input.

Cheers

No cold weather package exists. Some cold weather features are in the Premium package, some just don't exist. It has heated side mirrors and heated seats, does not have heated steering wheel.

S Wheels won't fit Model 3. I'd suggest getting the 18" wheels. If you don't like the aero covers they pop off easily and if you keep them on you get a noticeable range increase. You also get a more efficient OEM tire on the 18". The 19" come with sport tires that won't last as long and will cost more to replace.

The email to configure the Model 3 I got today shows it's from "[email protected]" "via mktdns.com" in the "from: line". Having just got a very authentic looking fake Tesla spoof email, is yours from the same domain? When I log into my account directly I see I have the reservations with no link to configure within my account. Is this a spoof ? I am not clicking on the email until I get some sort of verification? Thanks for your input.

If you click on "Manage" on the Model 3 in your Tesla.com account, you should see something like this:

upload_2018-1-4_13-8-18.png

If you don't see that, the email may be suspect.

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP and Pkmmte
As a general life rule.... I never click on links in an email... Tesla or not. I have seen too many spoof emails that I just always close the email and log in to the site directly. Mine was legit. My RN is changed to build your Tesla now. :)
However ... I did check the email : its also from [email protected], but directly logging in shows me the reservation is valid.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: daniel

Mine showed the same email address and the raw message data contains the DNS name you reference. Not saying it's safe, but adding a data point for your consideration. Maybe check the originating IP as well? I agree with @deonb, you should just log in to your account and see an offer to configure.

Received: from [10.1.87.249] ([10.1.87.249:35463] helo=abmas01.marketo.org)
by abmta15.marketo.org (envelope-from <[email protected]>)
(ecelerity 3.6.8.47404 r(Core:3.6.8.0)) with ESMTP
id B3/69-06536-B37743A5; Fri, 15 Dec 2017 19:30:35 -0600
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; t=1513387835;
s=m1; d=mktdns.com; [email protected];

Damn.... just realized there isn't even an option to choose interior seat colors????????? So what... they are all black?

No just black right now but pretty sure the headliner is white; but in any event no choice of interior right now and yes the seats are the "vegan" leather. Here's a list from Telsa of the Model 3 specs from their website:

Safety
  • Automatic emergency braking and collision avoidance
  • Eight airbags
  • Electronic stability and traction control
Convenience
  • 15″ touchscreen with onboard maps & navigation
  • Wi-Fi and LTE internet connectivity
  • Keyless entry and remote climate control with app
  • Voice activated controls
  • 60/40 split folding rear seats
Standard Interior
  • 15” touchscreen display
  • Dual zone climate control system
  • FM/Internet streaming radio
  • Textile seating
  • Center console with open storage and two USB ports
Premium Upgrades
  • Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout, including open pore wood décor and two rear USBs
  • 12-way, power adjustable front seats, steering column and side mirrors, with custom driver profiles
  • Premium audio system with more power, tweeters, surround speakers and subwoofer
  • Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • LED fog lamps
  • Center console with covered storage and docking for two smartphones

• Warranty
  • 4 year, 50,000 mile limited vehicle warranty
  • 8 year, 100,000 mile battery warranty (Standard)
  • 8 year, 120,000 mile battery warranty (Long Range)

And from their Model 3 Reservations FAQs:

Every Model 3 comes with standard active safety features and is designed to be the safest car in its class. Today, customers can choose from three customization options for Model 3: wheel size (18” Aero or 19” Sport), exterior color (Solid Black, Midnight Silver Metallic, Deep Blue Metallic, Silver Metallic, Pearl White Multi-Coat, Red Multi-Coat) and Autopilot features (Enhanced Autopilot or Full Self-Driving Capability).

Future options will include an optional white interior, premium package as an upgrade choice, and dual motor all-wheel drive. International feature availability and timing will be shared later as production ramps.

No just black right now but pretty sure the headliner is white; but in any event no choice of interior right now and yes the seats are the "vegan" leather. Here's a list from Telsa of the Model 3 specs from their website:

Safety
  • Automatic emergency braking and collision avoidance
  • Eight airbags
  • Electronic stability and traction control
Convenience
  • 15″ touchscreen with onboard maps & navigation
  • Wi-Fi and LTE internet connectivity
  • Keyless entry and remote climate control with app
  • Voice activated controls
  • 60/40 split folding rear seats
Standard Interior
  • 15” touchscreen display
  • Dual zone climate control system
  • FM/Internet streaming radio
  • Textile seating
  • Center console with open storage and two USB ports
Premium Upgrades
  • Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout, including open pore wood décor and two rear USBs
  • 12-way, power adjustable front seats, steering column and side mirrors, with custom driver profiles
  • Premium audio system with more power, tweeters, surround speakers and subwoofer
  • Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • LED fog lamps
  • Center console with covered storage and docking for two smartphones

• Warranty
  • 4 year, 50,000 mile limited vehicle warranty
  • 8 year, 100,000 mile battery warranty (Standard)
  • 8 year, 120,000 mile battery warranty (Long Range)
And from their Model 3 Reservations FAQs:

Every Model 3 comes with standard active safety features and is designed to be the safest car in its class. Today, customers can choose from three customization options for Model 3: wheel size (18” Aero or 19” Sport), exterior color (Solid Black, Midnight Silver Metallic, Deep Blue Metallic, Silver Metallic, Pearl White Multi-Coat, Red Multi-Coat) and Autopilot features (Enhanced Autopilot or Full Self-Driving Capability).

Future options will include an optional white interior, premium package as an upgrade choice, and dual motor all-wheel drive. International feature availability and timing will be shared later as production ramps.
The headliner is light gray.

mktdns.com is owned by Marketo, a marketing automation system. It integrates with Salesforce which is used by Tesla.

FWIW, I had to run errands and drove by the Superchargers in Gilroy and spotted a white Model 3 who had just finished charging and was getting ready to exit onto the road. Pulled up next to him and asked him what color his interior was. He said black. I said black or would you say it's gray to which he replied "No, black." So not sure if it's how people see colors differently or the lighting on the material but when I saw Franz and Jon's cars in person I came away saying it was black, just like the MS P100D we drove over the summer which Telsa's Design Center calls Premium Black. Same material used.

FWIW, I had to run errands and drove by the Superchargers in Gilroy and spotted a white Model 3 who had just finished charging and was getting ready to exit onto the road. Pulled up next to him and asked him what color his interior was. He said black. I said black or would you say it's gray to which he replied "No, black." So not sure if it's how people see colors differently or the lighting on the material but when I saw Franz and Jon's cars in person I came away saying it was black, just like the MS P100D we drove over the summer which Telsa's Design Center calls Premium Black. Same material used.
Well, the S and X "black" is really really dark charcoal. If you put something that is actually black against it, you can see the difference.