Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received estimated repair invoice of $1644.88 for repairing shuddering issue with my 1 year old MX. Actual cost: $0.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped my car at SC today at 1:30p.
I drove with a tech to show him the issue.
Back to SC, tech agreed with service agent the issue. They confirmed parts availability and checked my car in.
They offered a M3 as loaner.
They set ETA for pick up is next day at 3pm.
At 7pm, I received invoice in app. No phone calls, no text messages prior repair.
I'll talk to them tomorrow to see what they are going to say.
Screenshot_20211005-215203_Tesla.jpgScreenshot_20211005-215620_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: croman
They should have asked you to approve beforehand if they were going to charge you (when I had my car in for service, they called me when there were things they were not sure if it would be covered under warranty). They may have made a mistake in setting the invoice.

Note there is a TSB for this exact issue:
Tesla Has New Service Bulletin On Model S/X Acceleration Shudder

This should be covered under warranty.

It is normal to receive a pro forma invoice/estimate before any service begins. If they thought it was going to be chargeable, they would have asked you to approve it before beginning work.
While this is true, in OP, he had approved a much lower estimate prior to work and received this invoice with a Pay button after work was complete. I think service center accidentally failed to mark it as warranty and had to correct it after he questioned it.