Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received new model x last night..pics to come

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ill take a pic when I stop at a supercharger this week to 100% to show...i was shocked it actually read on the dashboard 401. After seeing all the horror stories of the model x. Mine was absolutely perfect...I couldnt find a fault. I really tried but couldnt

Umm I'm not sure I wasn't paying attention. I arrived at the supercharger with about 220 mile range. In 20 minutes i was at 402. I went into a wawa got some food and drink 20 min later i was filled.

Sorry, but that’s not normal at all.

The last 10% takes a long time.

And since you started at over 50% SOC you wouldn’t see peak rates. No battery from Tesla will go from 50% to 100% in 20 min.

Could be battery calibration is way off.

Congrats on the new car. Nothing like the excitement of a new Tesla.

Several things aren’t making sense though. I don’t think 233 miles is typical on new Tesla’s. I think less than 10 miles is more typical. I don’t think those couple hundred of miles really matter tho.

The over 400 miles rated range for a model X doesn’t make sense either. You are reporting the RATED range that shows in the instrument cluster display behind the steering wheel? As other have noted, there is a Display option for ideal miles, which is 25% higher than rated miles. So 400 ideal miles would be 320 rated miles. That doesn’t make sense either for a new X.

We would really like to see screen shots. Don’t need to charge or even go to the car. Open the app, go to charging, and move the slider all the way to the right. In the left corner of the battery pic, it will display the miles corresponding to a full charge.

Would also like to know manufacturing date. That can be found inside the opening of the driver’s door.

Reactions: P85_DA
Congrats on the new car. Nothing like the excitement of a new Tesla.

Several things aren’t making sense though. I don’t think 233 miles is typical on new Tesla’s. I think less than 10 miles is more typical. I don’t think those couple hundred of miles really matter tho.

The over 400 miles rated range for a model X doesn’t make sense either. You are reporting the RATED range that shows in the instrument cluster display behind the steering wheel? As other have noted, there is a Display option for ideal miles, which is 25% higher than rated miles. So 400 ideal miles would be 320 rated miles. That doesn’t make sense either for a new X.

We would really like to see screen shots. Don’t need to charge or even go to the car. Open the app, go to charging, and move the slider all the way to the right. In the left corner of the battery pic, it will display the miles corresponding to a full charge.

Would also like to know manufacturing date. That can be found inside the opening of the driver’s door.

He said 233 miles on the battery meter not the odometer. That’s about the only comment that makes sense.

I didn’t even know ideal miles was an option on the instrument cluster read out.

This is what it looks like. It provides the EPA rating for range.

Attachments

• 2021 MX.jpg
    2021 MX.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 114