Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received new model x last night..pics to come

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my X on 12/3 from Naperville, IL. This is a new dealership which still does not have chargers installed outside. The odometer was 15 on paper, but 19 in actual (which means they drove the car from Westmont dealership to this location for delivery). The battery was charged at around 70% (~260 miles). So 100% would be 371 (which is in line with the Monroney sticker). Also checked the sticker new the front passenger wheel for battery type. It's listed as H, but does not rate the kWH. The vehicle is 2021 model with manufacture month as 11/2020.

What is your VIN? I ordered a Model X about 10 days ago. It was supposedly be manufactured with a delivery date between Dec 20-29. However, I received a VIN today with a delivery date of 3 days from now. Does this mean they are actually moving an inventory vehicle to my location? I specifically told my Tesla Advisor I want to get a 2021 model X with the new range. He said 2021 actually has more than the range upgrade and it looked like they have to manufacture my exact configuration because he could not locate one. Is there any way to know that this is the 2021 model other than checking the battery version?

What is your VIN? I ordered a Model X about 10 days ago. It was supposedly be manufactured with a delivery date between Dec 20-29. However, I received a VIN today with a delivery date of 3 days from now. Does this mean they are actually moving an inventory vehicle to my location? I specifically told my Tesla Advisor I want to get a 2021 model X with the new range. He said 2021 actually has more than the range upgrade and it looked like they have to manufacture my exact configuration because he could not locate one. Is there any way to know that this is the 2021 model other than checking the battery version?
i got an x with 318xxx VIN, MX 2021. What is your VIN?

GOT THE CALL

In another thread, OP claims they have a newer battery than Revision H. I have my doubts.

OP, take a picture of your battery sticker. It is behind the passenger front wheel.

Also, check under your Settings and Display to see if your range is in Rated or Ideal.

However, I received a VIN today with a delivery date of 3 days from now. Does this mean they are actually moving an inventory vehicle to my location?
Tesla’s process of matching VIN’s to people is somewhat mysterious. And while they are much maligned for delays, sometimes it can happen crazy fast. I got a car that was made the day I ordered it, and I took delivery less than 2 weeks later, all when I was expecting a long wait. Some of it is luck of the draw, of when they happen to be producing a specific configuration/color combination. I think they run whole batches of the same.