Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received Red California HOV Stickers for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes.

DMV # I called is: 1-800-777-0133 . That's the general line but first place to try -- low likelihood of success here. The semi secret "back line" to their Sacramento HQ office that handles HOV sticker requests (not published -- I had my ways of getting it) is: 916-657-8035. Call very early AM, the second they open and be VERY friendly to these guys. If you are, they’ll help you too. Also see if your $22 check cashed. The same number will give you your plate number before plates have been received so you can apply sooner!
Oh, and I meant to say... I called that first, general number and the guy was just as pleasant as could be and without hesitation he said, "hold please while I go check." He came back in a minute and said that my check hadn't been process by that my application was "in" process. The next day, my check was cashed and we're off to the races. Yay.

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Here's how empty my life is.... best thing that happened to me on Thursday was that my $22 check was finally cashed by the DMV. Now I'll go stand out by the mail box for the next week....

This is my 6th set of HOV stickers over the years. Only one that's taken more than two weeks to recieve....
Yeah taking long because they’re BOMBARDED with Model 3 owners applying for stickers! Haha

I don't think the State gave us Tesla. And Elon almost didn't, either.

But when you could pick up the Numi factory for $8/square foot, in the heart of the Bay Area.... well, sometimes genius is palpable.
OK, ok. But that kinda muddies my support of your point! :)

Seriously, how is our DMV so amazingly backwards? Perhaps we are exporting too much of the tech that is grown here... we should keep a bit more for ourselves?

Welp, just one thing I'll point out where our DMV fails- California won't tell you what color a car is. Oregon, among others, does. There's times it matters.
Of course you can re-paint a car. You can also dye your hair, or wear tinted contacts, yet these items are used on Driver's Licenses.