Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received the VIN!! Gave up waiting for Build Back Better.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my VIN for a Model Y Performance in Red with White interior. I live in Michigan. They say the delivery will occur between Dec 20 and Dec 26. I accepted since it is very unclear if the Congress will be able to pass the Build Back Better bill and if not any EV Credit will have to be run through another bill in the future. So I ordered my Insurance from my Agent, hopefully they will get it out first thing Monday, and gave Tesla my account information to debit. It is exciting since I put it off till next year and decided on Tuesday to hit the ready button once I was convinced that congress is not getting anything done. Currently the bill says credits are only available after Dec 31 or when the bill is signed so it could be a long time.

The bill that is currently considered is all purchases after December 31, 2021. It is quite possible that this changes to only take effect for cars sold after the bill is signed, but as of now all deliveries in 2022 would qualify for the tax credit.

Seems like it's going to be a VERY LONG wait, at that...

With all the increases in price since April, it's as if i got the tax credit and have been enjoying the car for the past 6 months. :)
Same boat, along with Radar, passenger lower lumbar and USB ports. Not to mention all my accessories were in stock and shipped without delay.

It used to be, you delayed for cheaper prices and new freebies. Anyone waiting around is just looking to pay more for less. As borrowing rates tick up in 2022 expect a lot less buzz/freebies from Tesla, every Tech company is going to be inacting cost cutting measures to offset increased borrowing costs. As inflation sinks in, supplier/shipping costs will sky rocket...

We are in for a bumpy road, and Build Back Better isnt coming along for the ride.

The bill that is currently considered is all purchases after December 31, 2021. It is quite possible that this changes to only take effect for cars sold after the bill is signed, but as of now all deliveries in 2022 would qualify for the tax credit.
You might want to read the bill. It is effective after Dec 31, 2021 or the date of the President signing the bill, whichever is latest.