Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received "Update available" but couldn't update [Service center pushed update and it installed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dpnyBBijtbtvf3bB8

Waiting for the firmware update but there has been no update notice popping up from my Tesla app.

I checked the Software screen on my Tesla screen today and found the "Update available: Please connect to Wi-Fi to download the Software Update" note. My car was connected to the Wifi in my garage but the nothing happened when I pressed on the update status bar.

Is the update available or not? How can I enable the update? Thanks.

dpnyBBijtbtvf3bB8

Waiting for the firmware update but there has been no update notice popping up from my Tesla app.

I checked the Software screen on my Tesla screen today and found the "Update available: Please connect to Wi-Fi to download the Software Update" note. My car was connected to the Wifi in my garage but the nothing happened when I pressed on the update status bar.

Is the update available or not? How can I enable the update? Thanks.
Do you have Sentry Mode on? If so, turn it off and try again.

I believe Tesla App only shows ‘update is available’ when it is fully downloaded and ready to install, while the car indicates ‘update is ready to be downloaded’. So this is the difference.

Just let it sit for a while when connected to Wi-Fi and it will eventually download it.

I have the same problem. It's been like this for more than a week. Car is connected to WIFI and has internet.
Tried different WIFI router (at work), multiple soft/hard resets.

While being parked today away from my house, I got the message "consider adding wifi connection" which would mean an update is ready to be pushed.

My guess is the download failed once and is somehow stuck in this status.

upload_2019-6-10_12-51-50.png

I have the same problem. It's been like this for more than a week. Car is connected to WIFI and has internet.

While being parked today away from my house, I got the message "consider adding wifi connection" which would mean an update is ready to be pushed.

View attachment 417621
In that pic, your WiFi signal is pretty weak. When you tried at work, was it also weak? That could be your problem.

View attachment 417621
Finally someone with exactly the same problem! My WiFi signal was strong with the router a few inches away.

Mine has been doing the same for about a week. Its connected to Wifi but wont download. Theres another thread that says if you do a soft reset followed by a full power down and power up that it will clear and allow it to download. I havent tried it yet though.