Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

received X P100D today... few questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I missed the thread, please accept my apologies; but I couldn't find anything covering these topics:

1. windows in the FWDs go down further if I press the button again after they have stopped at maximum opening. In other words, they will go down a little bit further after they stop going down if I hit the button again. I couldn't find anything about recalibrating them.

2. my car icon on both screens does not have red calipers (I know, first world problems :rolleyes:). I was just wondering if everyone else is seeing that (black calipers) as well. Everything else (including the 22s) is spot on.

Just general thoughts after the first day with the car: it is an amazing vehicle. Our service guys in West Palm Beach Florida are TOP NOTCH. I cannot say enough good things about them, from test driving, to ordering, to keeping me up to date (as I tried to be patient waiting (but probably wasn't), and a flawless delivery (including fixing in 5 mins a squeaking FWD). I know I have read terrible stories here, but I think we should also commend them when they flawlessly execute their jobs.

Thanks, I did see that thread. I didn't see anything related to FWD windows.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Does your screen icon show your red calipers?

PS - is there a way you or I can get rid of that second thread (my browser stuck and I didn't think it posted)?
My "Suspension" page on the main console does not show red caliper brakes. Also, the image on the Instrument Cluster has the same issue. Maybe Tesla doesn't have this option available, which surprises me because in most other areas they are very attention to detail.

But I have a much more serious issue. I ordered my vehicle with the 20" Silver Slipstream rims. I immediately had them powder-coated dark gray to match the Midnight Silver paint. All images on the main console and Instrument Cluster still has silver wheels!

I have now twice Emailed Tesla to request they update my wheels to the 22" Turbine wheel (or 20" Dark wheel) to better reflect my configuration. They have pretty much ignored me, which I guess is to be expected. It's a pretty trivial and petty request.

With regards to your windows, most reset techniques require you to open lower the window all the way and keep holding the button for an extra 10 seconds. Then doing the same thing to close it. Perform this step 3-4 times and it should recalibrate. I haven't had to try this yet, so I can't say if it will work, but this seems to be the general way of recalibrating things in a Tesla.

P.S. I think the only way to remove a duplicate thread is to contact the site admins. You could try to flag your thread with the hopes that it grabs their attention. Or you could just wait until the thread goes low enough in the list to be forgotten forever.

Congrats @ToddS on your MX. Our 90D is arriving later this month. Virtually the same interior and exterior sans the 100DL :D

@vandacca would love to know if you ever discover anything about upgrading the rim colors. I'm getting the 20" but plan to have them powder coated or dipped black or graphite.

Reactions: ToddS
I have now twice Emailed Tesla to request they update my wheels to the 22" Turbine wheel (or 20" Dark wheel) to better reflect my configuration. They have pretty much ignored me, which I guess is to be expected. It's a pretty trivial and petty request.

The service center should be able to reprogram this for you the next time you're there. It's a menu item that they select, once they enter service mode on the vehicle. I'm not sure if it can be done remotely.

• Helpful
Reactions: vandacca
The service center should be able to reprogram this for you the next time you're there. It's a menu item that they select, once they enter service mode on the vehicle. I'm not sure if it can be done remotely.
Thanks @bonnie! I'll try that approach next time I'm in service.

Otherwise, @Mike M, I was mildly considering "jailbreaking" the car. I've seen some information on how to gain 'root' access to the Linux system (not for the faint of heart) and changing various internal values.