Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Receiving and replying to text messages with 2020.8.1.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have looked and can not seem to find the old thread about this so please excuse me if it is redundant

I can receive text messages on my dashboard (2020 Model S) and I click to have it read to me.....my problem is, I cant figure out how to respond to it using the voice

anybody have any suggestions....thank in advance

Yes, it appears on the dash, in the same area where you "clicked" to hear the message. The option to hear/read the message aloud changes to "Reply" as the message is being read. It should be obvious unless you're experiencing a bug that's not displaying the Reply option.
that’s my issue....I do not get the reply button....I believe I had it before newest update......thank you

It should be on the phone’s option menu on the binnacle (in front of the steering wheel) and you may have to use the right scroll wheel to scroll the menu down to see it when it’s active when a call/text comes in.
thanks...I will scold down to the phone menu and take to look....I thought it was supposed to show up when I listened to the text....thank alot

Did you see any range change with the 8.1.1? I know there are reports of people gettting the change to LR+ and the range update with this version.
Haven’t seen any yet but have to driven a lot....there were 2 cars, both X’s, that got it and I read here where one got the range increase...have not heard anything else....Teslafi still only shows the two X’s as receiving 2020.8.1.1.....it will be interesting to see....I really doubt I will get it because my date of mfg is 17 Jan 20 and that is before the announcement of range increase by Tesla....however, I do have the “F” battery so who knows...