Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Receiving Model S 75D Next Friday!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am receiving my new Model S next Friday and cannot wait. I'll be checking everything out carefully and still need to get my wall charger installed in the garage. I have a 200 AMP panel and they want to add a 100 amp connection to it. I hope it doesn't overload. :)

I plan to get the whole car coated with OptiCoat Plus Pro. Anyone else do that with their cars?

Excited to be part of the group!

As a two year P90D owner having recently been driving my wife's new 75D, I can say with authority that it's a helluva car! The other day after giving a random Porsche owner a sound spanking in a stoplight drag I told him "Yeah this is the base model, the slowest one they make!"

• Funny
Reactions: CBPfromTN
So exciting! I am wondering how long it has taken any of you who have recently ordered your Model S to arrive? I ordered mine Dec. 11, 2017 with projected delivery sometime from late January 2018 to mid February 2018. Anyone order and just receive yours? When did you order? Thanks!

I am receiving my new Model S next Friday and cannot wait. I'll be checking everything out carefully and still need to get my wall charger installed in the garage. I have a 200 AMP panel and they want to add a 100 amp connection to it. I hope it doesn't overload. :)

I plan to get the whole car coated with OptiCoat Plus Pro. Anyone else do that with their cars?

Excited to be part of the group!
Hi there! In regard to your OptiCoat Plus Pro, do you have a quote as to the price? I believe the place I have contacted where I live uses this product, and they have 3 choices: a one year warranty, a 5 year warranty and a lifetime warranty which of course is the most expensive of the three. I was quoted $2500.

So exciting! I am wondering how long it has taken any of you who have recently ordered your Model S to arrive? I ordered mine Dec. 11, 2017 with projected delivery sometime from late January 2018 to mid February 2018. Anyone order and just receive yours? When did you order? Thanks!
I oredered mine on Dec 9th... Haven't heard anything yet. How worried are you about loosing the $7500 tax credit? I was thinking of swapping out to a new "in inventory" 100D that would have the 21" rims that I want. I could take delivery of it this year and secure the $7500 but it is $20k more +/-... After the 7.5k and the 2k i would spend aftermarket for the 21" wheels I can lock it in for the same price as the 75D WITHOUT the tax credit??? What to do??

I oredered mine on Dec 9th... Haven't heard anything yet. How worried are you about loosing the $7500 tax credit? I was thinking of swapping out to a new "in inventory" 100D that would have the 21" rims that I want. I could take delivery of it this year and secure the $7500 but it is $20k more +/-... After the 7.5k and the 2k i would spend aftermarket for the 21" wheels I can lock it in for the same price as the 75D WITHOUT the tax credit??? What to do??
Hi, Todd. Claire here. I THINK that the $7500 tax credit may NOT be going away just yet. I know it was supposed to end on Dec. 31st but considering it's just a tax rebate and NOT an actual $7500 savings on the price of my car, I definitely am willing to wait for exactly what I want. Are you positive about how much you're going to save with that tax credit? If I were you, I would talk to my tax accountant because I do not think the $7500 tax credit is going to help ME that much, or HURT me if it does go away. My car (they say) may be delivered around end of January (optimistic) to the middle/end of February. I would wait to get what you want regardless of that tax savings. For me, the $7500 tax rebate/savings isn't going to amount to that much, at the end of the day. I like the 19 inch wheels because I don't want to replace my tires every year even though I know they look great. Trust me, I doubt anyone will be noticing your wheels on your new Telsa, anyway...they're going to be so wowed by the car itself, the tires/wheels are not going to be as noticeable as the car itself. Plus, do you really want those thin tires that have to be replaced every year? I sure don't. It's the CAR I want and I can live with the 19" wheels/tires!

I started the process Dec 4 and taking delivery next Saturday, Blue 75 RWD. I'm going to owe about $5k in taxes this year so I needed the offset, first world problems. I still have my Model 3 reservation and will figure out what to do when I get the invite.

I started the process Dec 4 and taking delivery next Saturday, Blue 75 RWD. I'm going to owe about $5k in taxes this year so I needed the offset, first world problems. I still have my Model 3 reservation and will figure out what to do when I get the invite.
Wow, you must've been able to find one in stock that you wanted. Mine, no way. The only inventory with my specs was a few rear wheel drive cars, so I have to wait. I have seen that blue color and it's beautiful! Mine is going to be Obsidian black with all white interior so there's just nothing there. I have to wait but it doesn't matter to me. Remember, that $7500 tax savings won't translate into $7500 "cash." It will reduce what you owe but you will still owe money for 2017. I may be wrong but I think it also depends on income etc. (several factors) but it's not intended to get your $7500 cash savings, either on the car purchase price OR income tax due. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would LOVE it if they would take $7500 off the price of my car but sadly that's not the case.

Wow, you must've been able to find one in stock that you wanted. Mine, no way. The only inventory with my specs was a few rear wheel drive cars, so I have to wait. I have seen that blue color and it's beautiful! Mine is going to be Obsidian black with all white interior so there's just nothing there. I have to wait but it doesn't matter to me. Remember, that $7500 tax savings won't translate into $7500 "cash." It will reduce what you owe but you will still owe money for 2017. I may be wrong but I think it also depends on income etc. (several factors) but it's not intended to get your $7500 cash savings, either on the car purchase price OR income tax due. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would LOVE it if they would take $7500 off the price of my car but sadly that's not the case.

The only options I was looking for was Blue or Silver, glass roof, $80k. Turns out I get the cream interior I like as well. They had a few of them at the Birmingham warehouse so I was in luck. After talking it over with my tax guy I got the go ahead to pull the trigger. It's not a deduction off your taxable income, it comes off the bottom line after your tax liability is calculated. But hey, we'll see in April. It's certainly not a reduction in the cost of the car. I figure with Tesla going over 200k next year the tax credit will be all but gone by the time my Model 3 invite hits, so why not, the bank said it was ok :)

The only options I was looking for was Blue or Silver, glass roof, $80k. Turns out I get the cream interior I like as well. They had a few of them at the Birmingham warehouse so I was in luck. After talking it over with my tax guy I got the go ahead to pull the trigger. It's not a deduction off your taxable income, it comes off the bottom line after your tax liability is calculated. But hey, we'll see in April. It's certainly not a reduction in the cost of the car. I figure with Tesla going over 200k next year the tax credit will be all but gone by the time my Model 3 invite hits, so why not, the bank said it was ok :)
That sounds wonderful!!! I sure don't understand the tax break thing but hopefully the person who posted on this forum today is correct when he said that it was not cut as of the latest (maybe final for this year,) vote. That would be awesome and might even save me some $$ too! I'm envious that you're getting yours so soon! I wish I could get mine sooner but I do have to wait. I assume yours will have enhanced auto pilot, right? That, to me, is a BIG part of this car and one of its main features besides, of course, being electric!

Everyone has a different tax situation. I pay A LOT in taxes and that is not a "humblebrag" but the painful truth. I also get to pay Alternative Minimum Tax at the end of the the year because they say I still did not pay enough. You can think of it any way you want but if buying the car takes off $7500 in tax liability (my check to the IRS is $7500 less) then YES to me it is exactly $7,500 off the price of the car. Regarding tires/wheels, I have been driving an AWD car that I swap out performance wheels in the summer for smaller winter tires in the winter. I live at 4k feet in the snow zone so it is common. Putting on 21' wheels in April/May changes my whole disposition to a "summer" mode!

Everyone has a different tax situation. I pay A LOT in taxes and that is not a "humblebrag" but the painful truth. I also get to pay Alternative Minimum Tax at the end of the the year because they say I still did not pay enough. You can think of it any way you want but if buying the car takes off $7500 in tax liability (my check to the IRS is $7500 less) then YES to me it is exactly $7,500 off the price of the car. Regarding tires/wheels, I have been driving an AWD car that I swap out performance wheels in the summer for smaller winter tires in the winter. I live at 4k feet in the snow zone so it is common. Putting on 21' wheels in April/May changes my whole disposition to a "summer" mode!
See, Todd, that shows how little I know about tax law! All I know is we get hammered with taxes even though Tennessee does not have a state income tax, we do have to pay the IRS what is called a "Hall tax" and that costs us a LOT. So, it sounds like you know a heckuva lot more than I do about it and I hope that the man who posted on this forum earlier today is right that they did not do away with the tax break for the upcoming year. I have no idea, (obviously,) but I do know that regardless of what I think (because I truly don't know,) the tax break will have to help me SOME if I can get it! Have you heard anything about when we may know if it's going away after the end of this year or not? I wish I could find some good info on it!
As for the wheel/stires, I don't drive a whole lot so I guess it doesn't matter whether or not I have 21" or 19" wheels but I did order the 19" wheels for what it's worth. I am in the Nashville area so we don't have a lot of snow and when we DO, I simply don't leave the house because I don't have to! I know you're excited about getting your car. In your case, it sounds like you should get exactly what you want, especially since it's going to work out to be the same "ultimate" price either way! That's really great!

That sounds wonderful!!! I sure don't understand the tax break thing but hopefully the person who posted on this forum today is correct when he said that it was not cut as of the latest (maybe final for this year,) vote. That would be awesome and might even save me some $$ too! I'm envious that you're getting yours so soon! I wish I could get mine sooner but I do have to wait. I assume yours will have enhanced auto pilot, right? That, to me, is a BIG part of this car and one of its main features besides, of course, being electric!

Yes enhanced autopilot, free supercharging, upgraded interior, that's about it for the goodies. I started with Tesla's finance company but they only finance 80% so I switched to my credit union, got 100% financing and almost half the % rate. I end up paying federal taxes every year because I'm part of the 47% that don't pay taxes during the year. My tax guy just shakes his head at me.

Yes enhanced autopilot, free supercharging, upgraded interior, that's about it for the goodies. I started with Tesla's finance company but they only finance 80% so I switched to my credit union, got 100% financing and almost half the % rate. I end up paying federal taxes every year because I'm part of the 47% that don't pay taxes during the year. My tax guy just shakes his head at me.
What percentage are you getting? As far as I know, Tesla is offering 1.49% right now. If you can get less than that, that's awesome! As for taxes, we have to pay quarterly or we get penalized. We still owe at the end of the year but not so much we get fined.
By the way, what color interior? I am getting the white interior....hope it holds up like they SAY it does, as for cleaning etc.

they were offering 5.49%, got 2.49% through my credit union. They've got my house and all my auto loans have been through them. In the pictures from Tesla the interior looks white but it says cream. The BMW is deep blue with tan leather and I've always loved that combo.

Attachments

• MyTeslaDesign_12-08-2017.pdf
    223 KB · Views: 48
they were offering 5.49%, got 2.49% through my credit union. They've got my house and all my auto loans have been through them. In the pictures from Tesla the interior looks white but it says cream. The BMW is deep blue with tan leather and I've always loved that combo.
I just looked at your build! It's beautiful! That blue is so pretty. I know it's going to be beautiful! It's weird how things are so different depending on (I guess,) where you are. My Model S starts out at $75,500 NOT including the $7500 tax credit but the website also says financing at 1.49% so that's a LOT different. That's strange that it would be so different. Anyway, that is a beautiful car, I know you will love it!

I just looked at your build! It's beautiful! That blue is so pretty. I know it's going to be beautiful! It's weird how things are so different depending on (I guess,) where you are. My Model S starts out at $75,500 NOT including the $7500 tax credit but the website also says financing at 1.49% so that's a LOT different. That's strange that it would be so different. Anyway, that is a beautiful car, I know you will love it!

Yours is a 75D, mine is RWD, plus I don't have near the options I would have if I were to build it. They say 1.49% but that's the best you'll get, until you apply there's no telling. So after the $1000 delivery fee and $2500 I paid for the reservation, Tesla owes me $1500 at delivery. They sent the temporary registration a couple days ago so all I have to do is remember to bring it. That may sound easy, but... I could have had it delivered to the house but I don't feel like waiting 5 days for delivery, I'll just take the 3hr drive to Dallas to pick it up.

By the way....you should see the WHITE interior. It is SO WHITE, I cannot even describe how bright and how WHITE it is! The only way I CAN describe it is to say it is like walking outside on a very sunny morning after a foot of snow has fallen during the night. It's so bright you can barely see. That is how white the white interior is! It is stunning!

Reactions: SpdBug