Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Receiving update 2021.4.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This update was my first Major Fail out of all updates on my Model 3 or Y updates.

So I went into the garage to find the Wall Charger with a Red blinking light, the T on the charge port was red, I removed the adapter and re-insert it and it was still Red.

Inside the cab, the screen had charging errors, I placed the Model Y in Drive & Reverse and no go.

Finally I rebooted the car and everything came up back to Normal. It took the Wall Charger around 1 to 2 minutes to reset back to a green light and it started to charge fine.

So if you run into this weird problem after this update just removed the adapter from the charge port and reboot.

Fred

Installing as I write this but can't find any mention of it online. Any good sources? Otherwise, I'll post what was updated when it's done.
Just received ours and the Bluetooth volume issue and the Homelink automatic activation at a specified distance now works again.

Wishing Tesla would add a "Transfer (call)" to the Bluetooth. Hate it when my wife gets our of the car to pickup at the restaurant and if her phones connected to the car, when she calls, I can't transfer it back to her phone. Both our Honda and Toyota can... here's hoping

Reactions: APotatoGod
For those with enhanced autopilot or FSD, the auto lane change is much smoother now, not as quick/abrupt as it was.

Agree, also distance keeping cruise control coming to a stop light with traffic has changed in behavior, way smoother.

the team providing the fart apps should stay an extra month in Cancun and let these folks continue to fix things

Vehicle Software Updates | Teslascope is one site. I like it better than some of the other sites since it doesn't have ads taking up a majority of the page like some other firmware update sites do.

2020.48.26 Official Tesla Software Update | Teslascope

Thanks. It'd be nice if Tesla just had a list on their web site.

I updated a few days ago. Noticed that the driving instructions are now listed above the car on the left side (not sure if this is full time or just when something is covering up the map screen.)

This update was my first Major Fail out of all updates on my Model 3 or Y updates.

So I went into the garage to find the Wall Charger with a Red blinking light, the T on the charge port was red, I removed the adapter and re-insert it and it was still Red.

Inside the cab, the screen had charging errors, I placed the Model Y in Drive & Reverse and no go.

Finally I rebooted the car and everything came up back to Normal. It took the Wall Charger around 1 to 2 minutes to reset back to a green light and it started to charge fine.

So if you run into this weird problem after this update just removed the adapter from the charge port and reboot.

Fred
If your car is charging when the update begins, charging stops. Maybe that interruption caused the wall charger fault.

Humm, I normally install my updates while charging. So far it just continue to charge normally during downloading and installation. I never wait for it to finish, but when I come back it is ready and charged. Although, it it goes to deep sleep it will take a while to show the screen. I prevent that waking it from my phone (or watch) before hand so it is ready for me when I enter the car.

I keep my charger connected unless going in a roadtrip when put it in the car for emergencies
One time the charger did not want to charge the car. I disconnected everything. That effectively will rebooted the charger. After I reconnected everything it worked fine and continued to do so.

I treat the car as my phone. I completly reboot it from time to time to keep it fresh.

Humm, I normally install my updates while charging. So far it just continue to charge normally during downloading and installation. I never wait for it to finish, but when I come back it is ready and charged. Although, it it goes to deep sleep it will take a while to show the screen. I prevent that waking it from my phone (or watch) before hand so it is ready for me when I enter the car.

I keep my charger connected unless going in a roadtrip when put it in the car for emergencies
One time the charger did not want to charge the car. I disconnected everything. That effectively will rebooted the charger. After I reconnected everything it worked fine and continued to do so.

I treat the car as my phone. I completly reboot it from time to time to keep it fresh.
From the owner's manual

If Model Y is charging when the software update begins, charging stops. Charging resumes automatically when the software update is complete.

• Helpful
Reactions: bicar
Biggest improvement: Park light back on top
5293D48B-7F43-41B1-B7D6-0BAF96C7EC21.jpeg

From the owner's manual

If Model Y is charging when the software update begins, charging stops. Charging resumes automatically when the software update is complete.
I know what the manual said. But somehow my experience is different. This particular update take 20 min or so, I happened to be around the garage I noticed that the charger was still blinking like when charging when the screen was displaying the update screen. Maybe a fluke, God forbid the manual is inaccurate.

Reactions: APotatoGod