Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recell: certified replacement battery packs for low-range/bricked Model S

Recell

Global Vendor
May 22, 2022
Austin
This might be of interest to folks facing the prospect of a battery pack replacement

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheese Guy

mrcn

Jan 21, 2023
Bellevue
As a follow up to this, I did send my 2013 85 S to Recell, and I must say I'm delighted. They dropped the battery, replaced the faulty module as well as the main fuse and contactors, found and fixed an issue with the battery management board on a different module, balanced it all up and thoroughly tested it. They didn't charge (forgive the pun) any extra for the additional problem they found. Communication was outstanding, I've never had anything like it before. including a two year warranty, the cost was about $7.5k. It's a shame that they are so far from me (they are in San Antonio, I'm in Seattle) so shipping costs added up but Id HIGHLY recommend them!
Can you please share how much it costs to ship your S to San Antonio and back to Seattle?

Recell

Global Vendor
May 22, 2022
Austin
A quick update on shipping, as we recently revised our pack offerings and now include both installation and shipping in the price of our RC+ line of remanufactured battery packs.

In the event return shipping is needed, the cost generally ranges from $495 to around $1395 (in the case of Seattle and Boston). We never apply any markup on shipping - everything is a direct pass through - and we work with a number of of shippers to ensure the lowest possible price available.

We hope to reduce shipping costs even further in the months ahead as we build out strategic partnerships with existing service centers in California, New England, Florida and the Pacific Northwest - with the ultimate goal of reducing our existing 1800 mile service radius to 250 miles or less.

We’ll have more on this in the weeks ahead.

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC