TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Recent Bug: Sunroof Won't Close — Here Is a Workaround

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Cottonwood, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

My almost 3-year old Sig P85 was upgraded to 6.2 (2.4.253) recently.

I discovered a significant bug: The sunroof will open, but won't close.

Luckily, it was a nice sunny day. After talking to service, I found out that this is a known bug with recent firmware.

The workaround is pretty simple. Push and hold the close "button" on the touch screen, sunroof page; after a couple of seconds, the sunroof closes.

2. Armadillos

Armadillos Member

Well that's pretty annoying. I'm still on .251 thankfully.

3. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

The other problem with this new upgrade concerning the sunroof is that it will not open at 12% like it used to. It only opens a crack. You have to open it to something >12% then back to 12% (vent)

4. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Even using the 20-->12% workaround, I still get the vented sunroof barely open issue on .253.

5. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

Thanks for the report. I hope I never have to use it.

- K

6. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

The sunroof has too many % options... 0,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100 is more than sufficient... can someone really tell between 20 and 25% open..? I feel like I'm scrolling forever here!

7. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Yeah, people with really big heads ;)

8. Lex

Lex Member

Thanks to OP for this... stored in my memory bank in case I ever have this happen.

Personally I think the scroll wheels need sensitivity settings, at least in my late model 70D... I use the right one for the sunroof but I have to do so much scrolling to fully open or close that it often bounces back in the opposite direction.

9. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

The loaner under my belt right now (12/2014 P85 w/ AP) has .253 and the first two times I tried to open the sunroof, it didn't. The first time after 10 seconds the slider jumped back to Close from 75% that I selected. The second time it stayed at 75%. Thankfully, the third and each time since, it has worked as expected.

The loaner on .253 and my car on .253 do this. I can't recall now if my car did this on .249, but it definitely did NOT do this on .239 (it behaved as one would expect).