Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent California Deliveries--How long for plates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
California Residents--How much time elapsed between your vehicle pickup/delivery and receiving your plates in the mail?

I'm asking because my personalized plates are sitting at the DMV but I don't think I can pick them up unless I turn in the set that is going to be issued with the initial auto registration.

California Residents--How much time elapsed between your vehicle pickup/delivery and receiving your plates in the mail?

I'm asking because my personalized plates are sitting at the DMV but I don't think I can pick them up unless I turn in the set that is going to be issued with the initial auto registration.

I ordered a plate (so my idea wouldn't get taken by someone else) many months before delivery is due, so I was in the same boat. If you go to DMV and say you don't have the car (or plates) yet, you can arrange for them to hold your new plates until you are ready to turn in existing plates. At least that's how it was for me at DMV in San Diego.

I think it took about 3 weeks for our plates to arrive. One evening I found a fed ex package at our front door and found plates. I am still waiting for the HOV stickers, but I have not needed them lately. We received our California rebate today--I mailed it in on December 31

Update. Received my plates via FedEx from Tesla yesterday. Only 8 days after factory pickup.

Have to stand in line at the DMV to swap for my vanity plates. Or wait until 2/28 for my appointment

Go for it , GasDoc! I stood out in line at Fremont DMV for 20 minutes, then, waited inside (seated) for another 20 min after I got the token number. Couldn't wait till 2/21 for the appt.

Waiting for my plates. Got the car last Sunday. I can't get the HOV sticker nor the California rebate without it - right?

You'll have to wait for the plates to apply for the HOV decals.

But, the temporary registration's good enough to apply for the CVRP rebate; don't wait on that one as it's going fast!

http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/self-generation-incentive-program/sgip-documents/doc_download/534-cvrp-applicant-requirements-a-qualifying-vehicle-information

Can someone in California post a picture of the front of the Telsa with the plates attached? I'm curious what it looks like.

Not a closeup (can take one tomorrow) but, here's one with the Lake Tahoe plates:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361173152.311903.jpg

I received my plates and reg today - 2/20. I got my car on 2/10, so 10 days. Just applied for the HOV lane stickers. The $2500 rebate has been reserved for me, but I am waiting for Tesla to send the complete signed purchase agreement to submit the final paperwork for the rebate. Thanks to all for the help.