TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Recent CPO price increases

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by mattym, Jul 2, 2017.

1. mattym

mattym Member

Did anyone notice a high number of CPO's had price increases last night? Some were only $500, others were several thousand... what's odd is that these price changes hit several of the cars they made available over the past two days.

I've only been following this closely for a few days; so wondering if this is common for the pricing to keep adjusting...

2. byeLT4

byeLT4 Member

The ones I have been eyeing all dropped by a few thousand. And it seems that they took a few hundred off the market (or at least offline) as well.

3. mattym

mattym Member

Interesting..ive been looking at finding something with ap1 for in the 50's..most of those seemed to go up. I noticed the 300 or so that we're taken offline..I wonder what happened to them?

4. J_Harrington

J_Harrington Member

This is the first time I've noticed (July 01, 2017) that multiple listed CPO's increased from a prior listed price; some as much as $2,000.
    Have seen prior where they would decrease if they continued to sit unsold.
    Anyone else notice or have thoughts as to what would cause a price increase on CPO's which in some cases had only been listed for 2-3 days?

5. J_Harrington

J_Harrington Member

I just saw your post. I just posted, 'CPO price increases?'. Yea, had not seen that happen before. Curious as to the cause.

6. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Tesla has been playing the CPO price game since the inception of the CPO program. Prices do tend to trend downwards, but there are often times like yesterday where they increase the prices on many cars. Why is anyone's guess.

7. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Welcome to 2017Q3.

• Like x 7
    • Funny x 1
  8. tccartier

tccartier Member

Tesla CPO prices are likely artificially high to begin with. There is no downward pressure from independent franchise dealers looking to move stagnant inventory. The fox is literally guarding the henhouse with Tesla's CPO offerings

• Like x 1
  9. LimoX

LimoX Member

I'm ignorant. What's CPO?

10. tccartier

tccartier Member

Certified Pre Owned

11. croman

croman Active Member

They call them used cars now because I think they realized CPO was a bit of a stretch.

12. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

There's a big difference between used and CPO for any car though. CPO comes with made almost new service behind it and a warranty often longer than most ICE new car warranties. Used car is just, well used, no inspections just a quick clean and on the lot it goes.

13. candersoh

candersoh Baltonomous Farms

I've been hearing rumblings that there is quite an army of CPO's. these don't appear on the inventory list. has anyone heard about the growing number of CPO's?

14. LimoX

LimoX Member

Thanks!
    Here in Oz it's "Central Post Office"!

• Funny x 1
  15. LimoX

LimoX Member

Wasn't one of Elon's plans to make the Gigafactory able to recycle the majority of vehicle elements into new cars? Maybe they are stockpiling "raw" materials

• Funny x 1
  16. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

EV-CPO.com - Tesla New, Used, and CPO Inventory Listings

They have dumped a lot in the last couple months. Can get one now for $39,000

17. mattym

mattym Member

Something else strange... this weekend, almost 300 cpo's vanished off the site (at least according to the good people at ev-cpo). We were at just over 800 cpo's here in the states, now its just over 500. Happened at the same time as the price increases.

18. mattym

mattym Member

Responding to you since you responded to mine :) Even some of the cars released on 7/1 received price increases later that day!

19. candersoh

candersoh Baltonomous Farms

yes. i was tracking 59 CPO MX P90D on Friday and on Saturday morning there were only 34.

20. Hey_Hey

Hey_Hey Member

I only see the prices falling for CPO. Now that they have increased the performance of the new S75, the 0-60mph time is essentially the same as the P85s from 2013-2014, AND it comes with AP 2.0. Compared to the P85Ds with AP 1, the new S75s have a newer AP offering and negligible performance difference for less The cost (~$72,000 for new S75 vs ~75-80,000 for a 2014-15 P85D).

I'm in the market for a used CPO model S, but when I saw the performance difference it is really making me consider buying new.