Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent data dropouts (App and API)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last two days I've noticed 3 times where all of the data seems to drop to 0. I see this both in the data I pull directly from my Gateway over the REST API as well as in the Tesla app. The first time I had the app open when it happened, and the power flow screen just showed all 4 circles going dark and no flow between anything. I thought it was an app failure at first so I tried force-quitting and re-launching, etc. It did eventually recover, but then I noticed later that the same thing happened from my API data gatherer, which shows it got no response from the Gateway for almost 10 minutes (and the uptime was still going when it came back, so there's no indication that the Gateway rebooted).

Anybody else see this recently? My GW took the v1.47.0 update over a week ago, and I also took the latest iOS app update several days ago, so while things were updated recently, clearly this didn't immediately start with the update(s).

Here's yesterday's graph, which shows 2 of the 3 events (the third was towards the end of the previous day, about 2 hours before the first event pictured below). Actually it looks like the was a 4th event right around when the sun went down, that also shows as a 5 minute loss of REST data that I didn't notice until seeing the image on a bigger screen.

IMG_9836.PNG

Boy, that solar curve looks great. Is it photoshopped? ;):D
Nope, not photoshopped. :) And not my best day, either, as it was over 100F here yesterday. It's normally a bit smoother than that, also, so I guess there must have been some wispy clouds most of the day or something. And I guess the haze must be building, not quite as hot today and still next to no clouds, but also not quite as much production. No data dropouts today, at least so far.