Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent GM purchasers...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen the GM or Ford or Dodge prototype at a demo ride, unveiling.
Have you?

Your logic makes no sense. If someone just bought a GM truck now, why would they have buyer's remorse over a prototype one-off Cybertruck what won't be sold for at least two more years? It's not like the CT is available right now, where the buyer could return the GM truck and turn around and buy a CT just announced for sale. During the wait, they would still need to own/drive something, and assuming that a plurality of these buyers need it for work, they're not going to just go without a truck. You expect these mythical buyers to return their brand new trucks back to GM -- and then what for the 2+ year wait for the CT?

No but I think you have seen real new production GM, Ford and Dodge trucks on the road? You know, the ones you want people to return for the CT?

Wow, we got some real assumed venom in here; No, I have no expectations or wants of peoples' actions.

For decades now buyer's remorse is a REAL thing with Detroit, waiting for something like the CT, and only getting the next annual sell off sales.

People should know they have options to escape the buyer's remorse. That's all. GM offers a GREAT way to do that!

Yes, I have seen the new production trucks; they are STILL striving to be my 1999 F250 PowerStroke, with more chrome crapola.

• Informative
Reactions: R.S
Your logic makes no sense. If someone just bought a GM truck now, why would they have buyer's remorse over a prototype one-off Cybertruck what won't be sold for at least two more years? It's not like the CT is available right now, where the buyer could return the GM truck and turn around and buy a CT just announced for sale. During the wait, they would still need to own/drive something, and assuming that a plurality of these buyers need it for work, they're not going to just go without a truck. You expect these mythical buyers to return their brand new trucks back to GM -- and then what for the 2+ year wait for the CT?

Well Hank, if you didn't actually NEED the truck and you have buyer's remorse there are some great options here.

It's not a matter of logic or expectations , it's simply a matter of showing people they have choices. Does that threaten you?

• Informative
Reactions: R.S

Have you?

I saw the Ford and Ram.
77183676_3894169030596942_2444317406286315520_n.jpg

78426814_10156363533140356_5602725511248740352_n.jpg

Cybertruck is a choice? Like I said, not for 2+ years.

I'm not threatened by anything, as I'm not a truck buyer. But at least I understand what time means.

Yes, the CybrTrk is a CHOICE.

Yes, taking advantage of the GM 60 day give back, is a CHOICE for those consumers.

Last I checked I am still in the U.S.A. wherein Corporations do NOT get to make my decisions.

As you want to continue with your insults, it indicates you are threatened by bigger thinking and other peoples' choices in freedom and liberty; WE have options in waiting for our CybrTrk delivery. YOU want to bully people into a box? Great, good for your world!

• Disagree
Reactions: R.S and KJD
People I know keep trucks for 7-10 years. That being said. If someone said. New truck coming out that might be what you want. Keeping truck for 9-12 years isn't much more of a ask. Do bit more maintenance then get truck I want.

So I could see a couple potential returns. If one bought. Chevy 2500 and could postpone the 60k+ purchase a few years. Those trucks often don't get traded in. They are paid off, and little on trade in value. Keep driving it.

Take the truck back. Say I am good with old truck. Can wait for my CYBR thingy one could tell GM.

Reactions: Electruck
People I know keep trucks for 7-10 years.

Take the truck back. Say I am good with old truck. Can wait for my CYBR thingy one could tell GM.

Yup, had our F250SD PSD for 15 years, sell in Fall of '21 and add those proceeds to the cash pot.

So, I have (2) TDIs as well, as Pasaat wagon and a Beetle, one should go but I don't know which....horrible problems...

Wow, we got some real assumed venom in here; No, I have no expectations or wants of peoples' actions.

For decades now buyer's remorse is a REAL thing with Detroit, waiting for something like the CT, and only getting the next annual sell off sales.

People should know they have options to escape the buyer's remorse. That's all. GM offers a GREAT way to do that!

Yes, I have seen the new production trucks; they are STILL striving to be my 1999 F250 PowerStroke, with more chrome crapola.

Oh come one, let’s not turn this discussion into what I assumed, that you assumed. That clearly wasn’t the point of my post and you know it.

There are no, nor do there need to be, prototypes of Ford/GM/Dodge trucks. Because they already exist.

Have you?

Therefore makes no sense, right?

Oh come one, let’s not turn this discussion into what I assumed, that you assumed. That clearly wasn’t the point of my post and you know it.

There are no, nor do there need to be, prototypes of Ford/GM/Dodge trucks. Because they already exist.

Therefore makes no sense, right?

You perfectly contradict your self in both of those statements, and therefore no, you make no sense.

This is simply a sort of a PSA for GM purchasers, and yet there is confusion here? :rolleyes:

You, ahhhh, own a GM TARP stealership? You take my TARP $$ overseas to eliminate American jobs?

What? I am not sure where this came from? No, I don’t own a GM dealership. Nor have I ever even owned a GM product.

Your sentence just didn’t make any sense. Not rooting for or against any truck building company here.

But if someone says returning a truck now to wait 2+ years doesn’t make sense, you can’t answer with: „but where are the Ford/Ram/GM prototypes?“

This just isn’t close to somewhat resembling a valid argument.