Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent heat pump failures - software issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed the update last night and it didn't fix it for me. Car is programmed for scheduled departure and was plugged in overnight. tried rebooting it again this morning, but still no heat since 6 Jan. service appointment is set for 21 Jan.

I just got an update, and it seems to address the heat pump issue:

"This release includes changes to how the climate system works in vehicles with a heat pump. If you have experienced a lack of heat in your vehicle, this update may solve the issue by allowing the heat pump to work at lower temperatures."

Off to Collingwood to ski, and it's going to be -25C.

I just got an update, and it seems to address the heat pump issue:

"This release includes changes to how the climate system works in vehicles with a heat pump. If you have experienced a lack of heat in your vehicle, this update may solve the issue by allowing the heat pump to work at lower temperatures."

Off to Collingwood to ski, and it's going to be -25C.
This is an "undocumented change". Those notes are not from Tesla.

Reactions: thinger
I installed 2021.44.30.6 and the exact same issue persists. It's only -4ºC out. Very disappointing.
The firmware fix is to address keeping the heatpump running if the louvers stick open in cold weather. If you're still having an issue then you could be experiencing a hardware fault. Do you have a ticket open? The techs will remotely diagnose each car that is experiencing issues and provide individual guidance. In my case they decided within a few hours of experiencing my heat loss that the hardware was not likely the issue. What have the techs told you?

Reactions: Vawlkus
The firmware fix is to address keeping the heatpump running if the louvers stick open in cold weather. If you're still having an issue then you could be experiencing a hardware fault. Do you have a ticket open? The techs will remotely diagnose each car that is experiencing issues and provide individual guidance. In my case they decided within a few hours of experiencing my heat loss that the hardware was not likely the issue. What have the techs told you?
Yes I have a service visit scheduled (two provinces over) for the end of the month. They troubleshooted remotely and have proactively ordered a new compressor and supermanifold, not being entirely sure these are required but just in case. This was before the software update came in. I've let them know I've applied it with no resolution... patiently awaiting further updates.

That seems to be in the range when they were replacing manifolds and heatpumps. Have the techs remotely diagnosed your vehicle?
don't think so. just the generic park in a heated garage, use auto temp, pre condition car, etc. when i said that didn't work, they changed my mobile appt from 12 Jan at my house (i mentioned i didn't have a warm place to work out of, just outdoors) to 21 Jan at the garage they work out of on the other side of the city. Tesla doesn't have an official service centre here, just a garage bay i believe.