Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent heat pump failures - software issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Colorado with a July 2020 MYLR and the heat pump has always worked great. Yesterday got a VCFRONT_a531 error. The SC's estimate says they are going to replace both the compressor and super manifold. That seems intense. The heat is still working somewhat (I'm not sure exactly how 'bad' it is).
I got this error two days before my HVAC stopped working completely. I'd say let them... and avoid the very cold until they do.

Update on my end.. Tesla is going to haul my car to be serviced, and provide a rental car in the mean time. Really happy they've been able to do a little better than a no-heat drive to Halifax weeks away.
Glad to hear you've got some progress planned. Hopefully, they'll get it sorted quickly and satisfactorily. Let us know how it goes.

Here's hoping the process is smooth and you never have any HVAC issues again 🤞
In my case it feels kind of odd because I never had heat pump problems before (including -12 C w/ snow) until this error (which arrived before the problems). It's almost like an attempt to fix someone else's problems via software bricked my heat pump that was previously OK :)

@rypalmer is that your experience as well? (no problems until the 2 days after error)