Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Issues with MCU/On-Screen Graphics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings fellow MX owners. I have a DEC2016 MX with 2.0AP hardware that is recently seeing odd on-screen behavior. I reached out to the service number the first week of May and was left in the dark for 3 weeks waiting for Mobile Service to reach out. After almost 10 calls, I was given the local region's mobile support email; shot out a message requesting a status and subsequently resulted in my ticket being sent to the Owings Mills, MD service center (Manager stated the ticket he fallen through the cracks but after speaking with an engineer, I needed to bring the MX in).

Over the last week I've worked via phone/text with the service center to troubleshoot the bug reports and car status. The rep stated they found an issue with the car not releasing info from one of the memory banks resulting in corrupt data. I've gone through a few FW updates, a factory reset, more follow up updates, and now an update that won't install however the status has not changed. Here is what I'm experiencing:

1) Charging page/screen is blank on initial launch, requiring subsequently launches before showing the car/battery screen

2) Browser is also blank regardless of website. Even Google does not resolve. Once in a blue moon, a URL will load after ~30min or so. This is regardless of WiFi or LTE

3) Release Notes also blank; no change even after several relaunches

4) While driving (using navigation) I will periodically receive the notice that routing will not utilize traffic data as connection is offline

5) If MX is on charger and the screen actually loads, the lines below the battery are just graphic artifacts with random numbers showing up on screen.

6) Actual charge reflected on dash is completely different than charging screen data. Dash reflected battery at 203 and screen reflected charge was at 190.

7) My saved data (phone pairing, HomeLink, etc) will randomly disappear. This wasn't part of a software update either.

I've included a number of screenshots as well. Is anyone experiencing any similar symptoms. It's certainly becoming frustrating that a resolution does not seem to be near. While this isn't currently causing major issues (besides the traffic rerouting) my concern is a memory leak, GPU failure, and/or MCU issue could lead to more serious problems in the future.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190611_230335.jpg
    MVIMG_20190611_230335.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
What does ‘launch’ mean? Reboot?

Note that Release Notes and Manual are a web function and need to be sucked down. Bad memory of course would break that also.

This whole thing sounds like bad memory and I don’t know why they expect to do anything remotely about it. Good luck!

Sorry, computer programmer mind --- 'launch' just means when opening that view. So when I touch the lightning bolt, or touch the release notes to open them.

I agree; because almost every function has to do with memory which the diagnostics confirmed was having issues clearing information. Thanks for the well wishes.

What does ‘launch’ mean? Reboot?

Note that Release Notes and Manual are a web function and need to be sucked down. Bad memory of course would break that also.

This whole thing sounds like bad memory and I don’t know why they expect to do anything remotely about it. Good luck!