TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Recent Model 3 sightings in DC area?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Richk, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Richk

Richk Member

So some 3s are getting delivered around DC apparently, production is picking up, and we just got our M3 configuration email yesterday. But I still haven't seen one live yet. Have any of you seen one?

2. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

Saw several of them week after Christmas while I was on a road trip to OBX, VA Beach, Reading PA, and back to Fredericksburg.. Good looking cars, and the owners were both younger couples hitting the superchargers for their first times!

• Like x 1
  3. crashvt

crashvt Member

Saw one in Tysons Corner this week! It was beautiful. My plan was to get one but I got impatient for AWD. I am really happy with the 2015 70D cpo I got for about the same price.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  4. RVAScotty

RVAScotty New Member

There is an employee at the Richmond Tesla store with a midnight silver Model 3. He was very happy to show it to me, and even offered to let me take it for a drive!

5. RobinMS70D

RobinMS70D Member

Good to see there are others like me around - eager for even anecdotal evidence of Model 3 deliveries in VA. I have seen two Model 3s in the Arlington, Virginia area over the past month. The first was white, zooming along Wilson Boulevard in early-December. The other is the red one in the photo below I parked my pearl white Model S next to on 13Dec2017 in front of Best Buy on Columbia Pike/Leesburg Pike. You'll notice the red one has VA plates - but did not have a county decal on it.
    Tesla Model 3 Red 13Dec2017 Best Buy.jpg

6. Ride Long

Ride Long Member

So how would anyone recommend I find one I can go see?

Like a lot of us I just received my invite to configure my Model 3 order. My problem is that I can't (at least, not yet) bring myself to push the button on a $50k car that I have not even seen. Not much chance of me being in or around Fremont any time soon, so I need to find one in metro DC to at least take a look at.

I've had my Model S for 2.5 years and 41k miles so I know and love the entire Tesla ownership experience. However, $50k is a lot to lay out on any vehicle sight-unseen.

Any suggestions? My inquiries at my local service center (Rockville) brought me the reaction that they are nearly as clueless as us as to when a Model 3 will be delivered. I still have enough of a life that I'm not going to stalk the place, but I get no indication they consider the lack of vehicles to be seen or driven to be a problem.

Thanks for your ideas.

Paul

7. VT_EE

VT_EE Active Member

I would also love to see one before ordering (although I have a few months before getting invited). I'll even buy the owner a Starbucks or beer to get a look :)

8. bhzmark

bhzmark Supporting Member

I've seen one. It's great. I ordered mine. just get it sight unseen. or perhaps ask nicely at one of the showrooms if they might be able to help. . . . .

9. preilly44

preilly44 Member

I should have mine in a couple weeks. I confirmed my order on 12/7 with a 4 week delivery and finally got my vin on 1/4. They said it should be ready by 1/20 at the latest.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  10. EVTECH

EVTECH Member

I have one down in Norfolk area. I am happy to show it if anyone is passing through at any time in the near future. Just need a good few week heads up notice.

• Love x 2
  11. bhakan

bhakan Member

i got the invite too10 days ago to configure and take delivery in 4 weeks. These are invitations for MS owners. I am waiting to see more on the Beltway..

12. rcarpen22

rcarpen22 Member

Got my invite about a week ago, but I'm holding off for now. There was a midnight silver one with aero wheels at the Rockville SC last week. I'm not a big fan of the aero covers, but the car looks pretty good in person. To me, it looks like it was really designed for bigger wheels than the 18s though. If I order, I'll go with the 19s for sure.

13. preilly44

preilly44 Member

If anybody wants to see one in the Bethesda area, PM me. I know where one is parked daily :)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  14. elmoll

elmoll Member

I pick my Model 3 up on Feb. 3, mid-night silver with the 19's. I wouldn't mind seeing one in person before then.

15. FunkyJunk

FunkyJunk Member

That was mine! BTW we don't get county decals in Fairfax anymore. Also, I've since gotten a vanity plate that says "THREEEE," so if you see me again, wave!

• Like x 4
  16. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

I hope this is your car. I would not want someone broadcasting where my new car is parked daily

• Like x 1
  17. Richk

Richk Member

OP here. My wife and I are picking up our M3 tomorrow from Rockville. Super excited! That'll make 2 in Bethesda AFAIK.

I think this is the week they start regular deliveries at the local service centers here. There were a few deliveries prior to this week, but I'd bet they were one-offs and employees.

• Like x 2
  18. elmoll

elmoll Member

My delivery has been changed to Monday Jan. 29, less than a week to go! I saw a white one charging at Tyson's Corner yesterday.

19. Richk

Richk Member

I'm now a proud Model 3 owner, the 11th in the state of MD! I only drive it back from the Rockville SC to home and after dark, but I'm impressed so far with how solid the car feels, and it seems to freaking amazing. Have to get used to the dark spot where I'm used to seeing a lighted binnacle.

@elmoll, it will be worth the wait!

• Like x 3
  20. jlewisthe3rd

jlewisthe3rd Member

@Richk - congrats on the M3. Do you still have the MS? If so which do you prefer to drive?