Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Model 3 sightings in DC area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw one in Tysons Corner this week! It was beautiful. My plan was to get one but I got impatient for AWD. I am really happy with the 2015 70D cpo I got for about the same price.

Attachments

• B692A870-4C14-4E0F-9A88-D334EEB83F3C.jpeg
    B692A870-4C14-4E0F-9A88-D334EEB83F3C.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 94
  • CB5CA14C-6676-4707-A2D2-E150784BC631.jpeg
    CB5CA14C-6676-4707-A2D2-E150784BC631.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: jthompson
So some 3s are getting delivered around DC apparently, production is picking up, and we just got our M3 configuration email yesterday. But I still haven't seen one live yet. Have any of you seen one?
There is an employee at the Richmond Tesla store with a midnight silver Model 3. He was very happy to show it to me, and even offered to let me take it for a drive!

Good to see there are others like me around - eager for even anecdotal evidence of Model 3 deliveries in VA. I have seen two Model 3s in the Arlington, Virginia area over the past month. The first was white, zooming along Wilson Boulevard in early-December. The other is the red one in the photo below I parked my pearl white Model S next to on 13Dec2017 in front of Best Buy on Columbia Pike/Leesburg Pike. You'll notice the red one has VA plates - but did not have a county decal on it.
Tesla Model 3 Red 13Dec2017 Best Buy.jpg

So how would anyone recommend I find one I can go see?

Like a lot of us I just received my invite to configure my Model 3 order. My problem is that I can't (at least, not yet) bring myself to push the button on a $50k car that I have not even seen. Not much chance of me being in or around Fremont any time soon, so I need to find one in metro DC to at least take a look at.

I've had my Model S for 2.5 years and 41k miles so I know and love the entire Tesla ownership experience. However, $50k is a lot to lay out on any vehicle sight-unseen.

Any suggestions? My inquiries at my local service center (Rockville) brought me the reaction that they are nearly as clueless as us as to when a Model 3 will be delivered. I still have enough of a life that I'm not going to stalk the place, but I get no indication they consider the lack of vehicles to be seen or driven to be a problem.

Thanks for your ideas.

Paul

So some 3s are getting delivered around DC apparently, production is picking up, and we just got our M3 configuration email yesterday. But I still haven't seen one live yet. Have any of you seen one?
i got the invite too10 days ago to configure and take delivery in 4 weeks. These are invitations for MS owners. I am waiting to see more on the Beltway..

Got my invite about a week ago, but I'm holding off for now. There was a midnight silver one with aero wheels at the Rockville SC last week. I'm not a big fan of the aero covers, but the car looks pretty good in person. To me, it looks like it was really designed for bigger wheels than the 18s though. If I order, I'll go with the 19s for sure.

OP here. My wife and I are picking up our M3 tomorrow from Rockville. Super excited! That'll make 2 in Bethesda AFAIK.

I think this is the week they start regular deliveries at the local service centers here. There were a few deliveries prior to this week, but I'd bet they were one-offs and employees.

Reactions: VT_EE and preilly44