Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Model 3 sightings in DC area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked mine up at Tysons this afternoon. There was a black and a blue being delivered at the same time and another red awaiting delivery.
IMG_9014.JPG

I pickup a Blue with Areo wheels on Monday 5pm.
I am planning to show it at Katy's Cars and Coffee (I have feeling Buffs will be there with their M3) gathering the following Saturday staring around 7am.
I am also planning to drive the car to work (Reston) on Tuesday and available to show from 12-1 lunch time if anyone is interested...
My team and co-workers are looking forward to Tuesday
I will post more details after picking up the car...

@jlewisthe3rd, thanks. Yes, still have the S. So far, the M3. Maybe it's just the novelty and that I'm enjoying the attention. Part of it is that I'm partial to smaller cars.

While the M3 isn't that much smaller than the S, the front visibility and the steering/handling make it feel much smaller. Both S and 3 handle wonderfully. But I think the 3's high steering ratio combined with the smaller diameter wheel give it a much more sports car-like feel. in fac, driving the car around curves feels similar to our sole remaining ICE car- a 2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder, which is a slot car.

My biggest disappointment so far with the 3 is that it doesn't swallow my 58 cm frame bicycles whole-- either the front wheel or seat post will have to come off to fit.

Despite that, I plan on keeping the car. :)

Live in Ashburn, drive through Leesburg regularly, and work in Rockville, MD.

I'll be on the lookout for you guys!

If you see a Dark Metallic Blue classic nose Model S w/ tinted windows all around and "I x E = PWR" on the license plate (rear only) flash a greeting at you, that's me....

Reactions: DFibRL8R
Live in Ashburn, drive through Leesburg regularly, and work in Rockville, MD.

I'll be on the lookout for you guys!

If you see a Dark Metallic Blue classic nose Model S w/ tinted windows all around and "I x E = PWR" on the license plate (rear only) flash a greeting at you, that's me....
My son snagged this pic yesterday right around the corner from our place in Ashburn... I think that's Southbound on Belmont Ridge:
Model3.jpg

@FunkyJunk was that you?

This is a Sad Story. I've seen four Model 3s in a local graveyard - a certified Tesla Body Shop near me. On my first visit, I saw a blue Model 3 which had suffered a few dings and scratches on the paintjob when it was unloaded from the car-carrier truck at the Tysons Service Center. That was sad - knowing that some owner who'd probably scheduled delivery would be put off another two weeks. Then, on my second visit to the Body Shop, I saw three more, different Model 3s. Two had been similarly dinged in transit (possibly from road gravel or other debris kicked up off the road). The third, however, a red one, actually had mis-matched paint and a number of minor imperfections in the paint job (e.g. small chips next to plastic parts inserted at the factory after painting). The paint mismatch was obvious even to me (I'm red-green color acuity challenged) and was at a number of points on the body. The mismatch looked as if a slightly different or lighter/darker paints had been used on adjacent panels. The situation screamed "QC Problem". Anyway - it's a bummer knowing so many Model 3 owners are being delayed by such silliness.