Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Model 3 tint job

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Anyone out there that has recently gotten a tint job in the SF bay area, south bay, east bay or dublin areas for the Model 3? Looking to see how pricing is. I"m getting quoted $1400 and up for all windows and back rear windshield as well. Need a shop that has done more than 10 Teslas and won't mess up the electronics.

That's insane. I paid less than half in Orange County from Signature Glass, one of the most reputable shops I'm aware of. Have you checked Yelp for tinters that have several teslas in their photo gallery? You could try using Yelp's quote feature to blast a quote request to several vendors all at once.

Hi,

Anyone out there that has recently gotten a tint job in the SF bay area, south bay, east bay or dublin areas for the Model 3? Looking to see how pricing is. I"m getting quoted $1400 and up for all windows and back rear windshield as well. Need a shop that has done more than 10 Teslas and won't mess up the electronics.

Check out Mum sports in Fremont. 3M Crystaline is around $850, Suntek CIR is around $600

Reactions: rwl7575
Hi,

I got LLumar Formula One Pinnacle Ceramic Tint for $700 for all side windows and back rear windshield (one piece) at a shop in Milpitas called “68 Auto Detail” ... they have done more than 10 Teslas and my electronics were not messed up. You can check them out on Yelp.

Reactions: rwl7575
I paid $540 at accutint pro in SoCal. Ceramic 40% all windows and one piece glass. they have a special section on their website with tesla sample pics. I got the referral from this website. $1400 is rediculous. A tint shop quoted me that much and I wrote them a negative review. Owner denied ever saying that lol

My first Model 3 I took mine to Concord Auto stereo, wouldn't do a single sheet for the back window (this is when 3s were newer). When we bought a second 3, my wife called for a quote, they told her $1400 when I paid 800 I think. We ended up taking her car to Rocky Mountain Window Tint in Livermore, I was extremely pleased with the work and it was 600-700 if I remember correctly. I will take all my future cars there.

I had Walnut Creek Auto Spa tint two my previous vehicles and the tint job went bad. They did cover it under warranty but I wasn't happy with the cost and the quality of the install.

Reactions: omar and rwl7575
ROCKY MOUNTAIN TINT in Livermore. $550 for everything except windshield. Llumar Stratos, Pinnacle, or F1. The guy does model 3s all day. Great quality. Can't beat the price. (925) 373-2577

Let me know if you need a PPF guy in the Bay Area. He's mobile. He's great. If you tell him Omar sent you he'll hook you up. Dylan from Paint protection Concepts. Does model 3s all day. (925) 354-0953

Last edited:
ROCKY MOUNTAIN TINT in Livermore. $550 for everything except windshield. Llumar Stratos, Pinnacle, or F1. The guy does model 3s all day. Great quality. Can't beat the price. (925) 373-2577

Let me know if you need a PPF guy in the Bay Area. He's mobile. He's great. If you tell him Omar sent you he'll hook you up. Dylan from Paint protection Concepts. Does model 3s all day. (925) 354-0953
You are correct it was $550 for my wife's Model 3 and he does a ton of Models 3s. It was probably one of the best tint jobs I have seen in a long time.

I also used Dylan from Paint Protection Concepts. I just had the front bumper fascia wrapped and I am very happy with the work.

Reactions: omar and rwl7575