Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Model X build quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
makes me sad to read all these quality issues right at delivery :(
we should except a 100k car to be just PERFECT at delivery
but they come with so many issues, their build quality is worse than chineese manufacturers.this is so sad :(

Too many issues! Yeah service is great, but when the warranty expires then what? I didn't buy a $$$ car to spend my time and angst managing quality issues.
This does not bode well for Model 3 and the future of Tesla. Big time competition is coming. Will I be left with an boutique orphan? Delorean, Tucker, Edsel......

Too many issues! Yeah service is great, but when the warranty expires then what? I didn't buy a $$$ car to spend my time and angst managing quality issues.
This does not bode well for Model 3 and the future of Tesla. Big time competition is coming. Will I be left with an boutique orphan? Delorean, Tucker, Edsel......
From wikipedia DeLorean DMC-12 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
About 9,000 DMC-12s were made before production halted in early 1983. The DMC-12 was the only model produced by the company, which was later liquidated as the US car market went through its largest slump since the 1930s. In 2007, about 6,500 DeLorean Motor cars were believed still to exist.
Not only are there more Model X's on the road already together with Model S and the Roadster there are almost 200k Tesla's on the road, I find that hard to call boutique...

Reactions: EinSV
DSC01417.JPG
DSC01415.JPG
DSC01414.JPG
Time to get more sad, people! 184xx, happened later in the
DSC01414.JPG
DSC01415.JPG
same day as delivery, October 8th. Wing won't even close because the trim gets in the way it's that bad... will update once I get it to service center here in Houston.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond and cwerdna
View attachment 198097 View attachment 198095 View attachment 198094 Time to get more sad, people! 184xx, happened later in the View attachment 198094 View attachment 198095 same day as delivery, October 8th. Wing won't even close because the trim gets in the way it's that bad... will update once I get it to service center here in Houston.
Sorry to hear. I got the exact same problem on delivery, 1 min after driving out of the delivery room. Bent chrome trim and torn gasket. They repaired it and delivered the car to my house after 2 business days.

I am happy to report that my X (picked up on the 4th) is flawless, save for the bizzare cracked roof glass in the left falcon wing, which Tesla repaired. There is a minor misalignment in the door handles of the left driver's door and falcon wing, but I can live with it.

I used the checklist and went over the car carefully, but didn't find any other issues. Wonder if I am just being too lazy to spot issues, or if quality truly has improved.

I am happy to report that my X (picked up on the 4th) is flawless, save for the bizzare cracked roof glass in the left falcon wing, which Tesla repaired. There is a minor misalignment in the door handles of the left driver's door and falcon wing, but I can live with it.

I used the checklist and went over the car carefully, but didn't find any other issues. Wonder if I am just being too lazy to spot issues, or if quality truly has improved.
I think quality has improved a LOT.
But I still was hoping to get 100% flawless car... :rolleyes: I know, I know... what was I thinking.

Reactions: TMSE
Glad to see they are pretty much flawless now, I posted a video of the BQ of my May delivery X. Overall it is good but they are some minor issues that I hope Tesla fixes.

(Apologize if its too monotone, my mic had some weird recording audio so I had to redo it and it is 12:19 AM and I wanted to submit it on my Model X 5 month anniversary.)

Thanks

Not only are there more Model X's on the road already together with Model S and the Roadster there are almost 200k Tesla's on the road, I find that hard to call boutique...
In comparison, from Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) Announces Financial Results for Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2016 | Corporate, Toyota sold over 8.6 million vehicles worldwide in its last fiscal year or about 167K vehicles/week.

So, every ~1.2 weeks or so, Toyota sells about 200K vehicles vs. the almost 200K cumulative since Tesla's inception.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond
Glad to see they are pretty much flawless now, I posted a video of the BQ of my May delivery X. Overall it is good but they are some minor issues that I hope Tesla fixes.

(Apologize if its too monotone, my mic had some weird recording audio so I had to redo it and it is 12:19 AM and I wanted to submit it on my Model X 5 month anniversary.)

Thanks

Great video. I have had my Model X only a couple of weeks. It is a much later build, but has had some minor fit and finish and alignment issues which the service center here in new england has been very responsive about really going out of their way to take care of me. Living over 100 miles from a service center, the first question people ask is not how far I can go on a charge, but how I get the vehicle serviced. If the service continues to be as good as it has been so far, I have a feeling Tesla will see some more orders from friends and neighbors around here: win, win. I will report like K-MTG (although maybe without video) a few months down the line to share my experience. BTW absolutely loving driving the car.

In comparison, from Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) Announces Financial Results for Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2016 | Corporate, Toyota sold over 8.6 million vehicles worldwide in its last fiscal year or about 167K vehicles/week.

So, every ~1.2 weeks or so, Toyota sells about 200K vehicles vs. the almost 200K cumulative since Tesla's inception.
Now we went from comparing Tesla to "Delorean, Tucker, Edsel" to comparing them to Toyota.

My comment specifically was about Tesla NOT being like "Delorean, Tucker, Edsel".