Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Model X build quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,
This is my firsts post. I just ordered a model X and I would like to know if the build quality has improved in the last few month. We see a lot of negative post or reports online about early builds or builds around January to April.

Thanks,

I recently ordered a Model X due for late September delivery as well. I too noticed the avalanche of negative press the Model X had early on, especially in mid-to-late April. It's extremely encouraging to hear from owners of recent deliveries that the build quality looks to have stabilized. Add in another couple months and the late September deliveries should be in pretty good shape overall.

My wife and I are stoked. This waiting stuff is tough! :)

IMO, the reporting in the media tends to be 6-12 months behind what is actually happening right now. If there were production issues 6 months ago, they will start reporting it now, even though they have been resolved for a few months..

I have mine since June 14th and overall, very happy with it. While taking delivery, I did noticed some door alignments issues which the DS noticed and told me that service center will call for an appointment and will fix it. I haven't got a call yet, but not worried. I have 4 years of warranty for that. The door sensors are perfectly working. I have even test them with me standing close by and it does, what it supposed to do. The car is fun to drive and we shall be happy with our decision to purchase one.

Reactions: Ormond
Vin 8xxx

Issues we have noticed....
- double vision on the windshield.
- wind noise at speed front passenger window (repaired)
- rear tbar on FWD warped (repaired)
- vent making lots of noise (repaired)

Tesla service has been amazing. :)

Vin 8xxx

Issues we have noticed....
- double vision on the windshield.
- wind noise at speed front passenger window (repaired)
- rear tbar on FWD warped (repaired)
- vent making lots of noise (repaired)

Tesla service has been amazing. :)
I was under the impression they fixed the double vision issue.. Glad to see the service was amazing...

My VIN is very closed from you and hopefully receiving delivery next week. Any issues with build and mechanical quality?
@tomtx37 Literally zero issues, after I received it. Now it did have a locking mechanism issue when it arrived in Orlando on 7/5 which took 2+ weeks to fix but that was before I took delivery. At delivery and since, zero issues and rides like a dream.

Reactions: Ormond