Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Model Y deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! Just curious to see if anyone has recently taken delivery of a Model Y (I am about to). Got some questions for you:

- How is the quality (build, paint)?
- Did you get the new matrix headlights?
- Did you get the door with the extra panel (with the additional trim piece like the made-in-China models)?
- If you are from BC, where did you go and how was your delivery experience (last time I took delivery it was in the dodgy warehouse on Powell Street but I think they have now moved into an Inifity showroom?)

Thanks!

Hello! Just curious to see if anyone has recently taken delivery of a Model Y (I am about to). Got some questions for you:

- Did you get the door with the extra panel (with the additional trim piece like the made-in-China models)?
- If you are from BC, where did you go and how was your delivery experience (last time I took delivery it was in the dodgy warehouse on Powell Street but I think they have now moved into an Inifity showroom?)

Thanks!

@brutus979 we are waiting on our MY (date keeps shifting but looks like it could be later this month potentially). I can't answer your first question. To your last question, it's my understanding that Powell St is no longer a pick up option; you can pick up either in Olympic Village (901 Great Northern Way), or in either the new Surrey/Langley location Surrey-19505 Langley Bypass | Tesla Canada or new Richmond location Richmond-9200 Bridgeport Rd | Tesla Canada) I believe they assign you a default based on your postal code, but I have no idea what they do for people from the island. We got matched to Langley, which was closest to our home anyway.

As to your other two questions:
- So far, only only Performance model Y's have been delivered with the updated headlights. People are expecting Long Range to be updated any time now but I have yet to see any reports of any being delivered yet.
- The door panel was updates in the Model 3 order page but not yet in the Model Y page. The change is probably coming to Model Y "soon" but not sure when.

I was originally hoping for the updated lights but based on some discussions here comparing them, I'd be happy with either. I'm actually hoping to not get the updated door panels as I'm not a fan but admittedly have not seen them in person of course. I'm sure it will grow on me if we end up getting them.

EDIT: for discussion on "old" vs "new" headlights including some photos, see here: New Matrix projector LED vs "old" reflector LED headlights comparison on US cars

Thanks!

Yeah I saw that the new headlights are limited for the MYP - I ordered a MYP so hopefully it is a "definitely confirmed" thing!

Coming from the island they let me pick the location - not that it matters, but i am glad that the Powell Street position is closed - it was dodgy and didnt give the "oooo i am picking up a new car feel". Hopefully the richmond location is better!

Reactions: angus[Y]oung

Thanks!

Picked up a new MY in Vancouver (on Great Northern Way) with VIN 140xxx on March 10. No quality issues at all other than that the trunk close button didn't work. Tesla mobile came out and fixed it for me about 2 weeks later (I live in the Okanagan).

Delivery experience was good but very busy. I spent about an hour between checking in, getting shown the vehicle, inspecting (about 10-15 minutes) then doing all the paperwork/registration/insurance stuff. Everyone was friendly, positive and patient.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung