Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had a MYP order on hold that was then activated? If so, how long out was your initial EDD once it was activated? I have an order going active this week and both local SA's and online reps have said a car could show up in a week, a month, or 3 months. Makes it very challenging, if not impossible, to plan when you have an existing lease that is expiring. Anyway, just curious.

Update :

Regarding my order, it turns out when I initially completed my profile. I selected “No” when asked if I would be willing to accept an early delivery. (I’m pretty confident I selected “Yes”)

At about 9am 5/27/22, I contacted Tesla’s (510) text message number and requested that they check if I did select “No” and to change it to “Yes”. They replied around 4pm and told me they updated my response to “Yes”

At 10PM I checked the app and EDD is now June 29th - July 5th.

30 mins after I checked the app again, and I got a VIN assigned
F492xxx
From 10PM last night getting a vin, to taking delivery tomorrow morning!

Reactions: geekfam
Updated.

Paid for the due amounts remaining this morning. Now the SA text the car arrived early can be delivery to home today. 🤣
Question, do you have to pay for the due amounts before you are able to inspect the car? I’m curious if you would have a leg to stand on if after you pay you don’t want to accept the car due to issues that Tesla says are within spec but you’re not comfortable with. I read somewhere in this forum of a guy who refused deliver because of some issues with the car they assigned to him that they said were in ‘spec’ I’m not sure if he had paid already or not though.

Question, do you have to pay for the due amounts before you are able to inspect the car? I’m curious if you would have a leg to stand on if after you pay you don’t want to accept the car due to issues that Tesla says are within spec but you’re not comfortable with. I read somewhere in this forum of a guy who refused deliver because of some issues with the car they assigned to him that they said were in ‘spec’ I’m not sure if he had paid already or not though.
some places require you. i didnt pay a dime till i went through every bit of the car

Reactions: TriKKyOne
Update: Picked up my MYP in DBM on Friday in Pearl, MS. Pick-up was no big deal. Didn't find anything wrong with the car until the next day, but it was something we could fix easily (washer fluid hose was not connected or blew off on first use). It came with Michelin AS. Car is a dream. I drove it back to Louisiana, installed all of our accessories, then promptly got sick (maybe the stress finally caught up to me). Husband and kids just made it to Canada in the MYP today. He said it drove like a dream all the way there. He said it was a much more relaxing experience than driving any ICE car that distance. Looking forward to being reunited with my sweet ride next week when I fly up to meet them in Toronto.

I inspected my car inside and out before I paid. The SA even gave me the key cards but said just don’t move it

Just picked up a White MYP. Zero visible issues or panel gaps, no creaks, or rattles. Had only driven a basic LR previously a year ago when I ordered. Laughed the first time I punched the MYP pulling out of the parking lot, this thing is ridiculously quick off a 5 mph roll. Was really hoping it came with Michelin A/S and luckily it did. I checked every MYP in the Dallas lot waiting to be delivered and they ALL had Michelins, regardless of color, so I wouldn't put much stock in the comment above about only all Summer tires for MYP.

BTW - I have no idea why everyone complains about the MYP ride. I don't know if they updated something or not, but mine rides great for a performance car. It is far less jarring and more compliant than my other late model german performance car on 35 series tires when hitting rough patches. I drove through broken concrete streets in horrible condition in Dallas and on the patchy separated concrete freeway to get home. It is slightly firm, but compliant, and still comfortable, definitely not jarring or clunky. Great ride on the freeway. It won't float like a 79 Cadillac over a speed bump at 10 mph, obviously, but I wouldn't expect a 500+Hp performance car on 21s to do that. I took an older female employee of ours for a ride and her first comment (unprompted) was on how good it rides (she drives a floaty expedition and had no preconceived bias from reading forums). My wife never said a word about ride quality, she would definitely complain if it rode like garbage (she drives a cush riding german vehicle). I expected this thing to ride like an unloaded dump truck from reading complaints on the forums. lol.

Last edited:
BTW - I have no idea why everyone complains about the MYP ride. I don't know if they updated something or not, but mine rides great for heavy performance car. It is far less jarring and more compliant than my other late model german performance car on 35 series tires when hitting rough patches. I drove through broken concrete streets in horrible condition in Dallas and on the patchy separated concrete freeway to get home. MYP rides like any other foreign performance sedan I've been in lately. It is slightly firm, but compliant, and still comfortable, definitely not jarring or clunky. Great ride on the freeway. It won't float and sway around like a 79 Cadillac Deville over a speed bump at 10 mph, obviously, but I wouldn't want or expect a 500+Hp performance car to do that. I took an older female employee of ours for a ride and her first comment (unprompted) was on how good it rides (she drives a floaty expedition and had no preconceived bias from reading forums). My wife never said a word about ride quality, she would definitely complain if it rode like garbage (she drives a cush riding german vehicle). I expected this thing to ride like an unloaded dump truck from reading complaints on the forums. lol.

I drove a 2020 MYP for two years before getting my 2022 MYP. The ride has definitely improved.

2020 vehicle was very harsh over any surface imperfection such as manhole covers, road depressions, steps in pavement, etc. In situations where the suspension had to extend into something like a pothole, I'd get an audible thud along with a very abrupt rebound. The suspension was overly stiff.

2022 is firm but much more compliant, quieter, and less harsh. It is a significant difference.

Complaints about the ride are likely due to owners of early models such as myself. Tesla has made significant suspension improvements which I'm very happy about.

I drove a 2020 MYP for two years before getting my 2022 MYP. The ride has definitely improved.

2020 vehicle was very harsh over any surface imperfection such as manhole covers, road depressions, steps in pavement, etc. In situations where the suspension had to extend into something like a pothole, I'd get an audible thud along with a very abrupt rebound. The suspension was overly stiff.

2022 is firm but much more compliant, quieter, and less harsh. It is a significant difference.

Complaints about the ride are likely due to owners of early models such as myself. Tesla has made significant suspension improvements which I'm very happy about.
Got it, No complaints here. This brand new MYP is also quieter than the LR I test drove last summer. Noticeable difference in less road noise inside on the freeway.

Dropped off our MYP for a PPF install. We had a day with it and did notice a tiny chip next to spoiler. Apparently a frequent issue, happens when they install the spoiler. Knocking into the paint. Also notice a bit of an gap issue between front and rear door. Having chip fixed by PPF shop and made a mobile appointment for gap. Will update after it's all done.

That actually might be a good sign. I’ve read numerous reports on here of the EDD resetting to the new order default just before VIN is assigned.
Mine reset June 11 (day before my 2 week window) to Aug-Oct and now July 18-Aug 15. I called in and asked if I should cancel my tow option, and the guy said it would put me at the end of the non-tow queue. But that doesn’t make sense to me since LR can switch to P and not go to the end of the queue.

Reactions: Mark52479