Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!!! a $10k difference was too steep for me, but for my use case, the ~$7k difference easily tilted me towards an MYP. Brakes, suspension, power, uberturbines are worth it to me.

Thanks!! Ya I had to think really hard about it. I test drove both last week and the MYLR was plenty fast for me and I probably dont NEED 3.5 seconds. But with plans to get the acc. boost for that anyway, the difference came down to $3000. For the nicer looks, definitely worth it for me too. I guess getting the car 4-5 months earlier is nice too

I do have to factor in more expensive tires...but I live in CA so we'll cross that bridge later.

0-60 in 3.6s on a bad NY road with winter tires...MYP is indeed a beast

Attachments

• IMG_6006.PNG
    IMG_6006.PNG
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: tacho and Jbapckfan
Checked in with my guy at Tesla that has been with me the whole way; this is the "update" I got:

"We should see a VIN# populating into your Tesla account in just a few days. After that your vehicle will enter production and the process will move faster from there.

Hanging in there, we will get your Model Y Performance ASAP! Will be worth the wait…"

Not really anything we didn't already know, but sort of reassuring.

I run Pi-Hole, UniFi controller, and now TeslaMate containers on mine.
What is going on with my order? OD is 8/19, still no vin, and EDD push from “9/20-9/30” to “9/28-9/30”. I saw many people order later than me and got vin already. I just order black exterior and black interior. It is not rare configuration. Anyone on the same boat?
OD 9/6. Black on Black as well. EDD is holding at 9/21-9/30...no VIN. FWIW, SA said I would be getting a text this week. Maybe they batch the SoCal MYP black orders. Who knows really.

Checked in with my guy at Tesla that has been with me the whole way; this is the "update" I got:

"We should see a VIN# populating into your Tesla account in just a few days. After that your vehicle will enter production and the process will move faster from there.

Hanging in there, we will get your Model Y Performance ASAP! Will be worth the wait…"

Not really anything we didn't already know, but sort of reassuring.
What I find interesting about the SA's from reading everyone's posts is that the bit of information that would be the most helpful wouldn't necessarily be the day they expect your car to arrive (although that would be nice if accurate), but at least HOW the operation from factory to delivery works. Like, how often are units shipped from the factory to a given destination and how is order of different destinations in the same region determined. At least then any speculation they offer can be based on something concrete and not just an assumption of "secret info" they might have. They may not know, which would be fine, but I find it odd that none of them have tried to explain, at least as reported by the users's posts