Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be doing full new-car prep this weekend myself. Decontamination bath, iron-x remover, NanoSkin synthetic clay bar, one-step polish with Sonax Perfect Finish using Rupes fine polish pads, one coat of Crystal Serum Light, and finishing with two coats of EXO v4. Interior protected with Colourlock Faux Leather Protector. Glass sealed with Wolf's Nano Glass.

Will take most of the three day weekend. A lot of work but I love doing it. I find it therapeutic and rewarding. Everyone else thinks I'm crazy!!!

Out of pocket this is about $1000, but it would cost roughly $3500 to have it done by a pro.

I recommend Obsessed Garage for tutorials and products.

I'm with you.. I love working on my vehicles.. time flies, and the pride when you're done is an added bonus. Planning the same for mine and likely a full frontal XPEL treatment as well since winter here is pretty brutal.
Oh my god. This sounds like absolute torture. 😂 I would gladly pay someone the extra to avoid having to do all that!

I think there's value in full PPF on the potential resale, but doubt it justifies a $5000 expense on the front end. I like the benefit of paint protection but a bigger driver for me is that I love the way Stealth looks on the white paint and like the idea of a mod that makes my Y look different than all the other white Ys rolling around town. If I wasn't considering Stealth and could only wrap a portion of the car, very likely that's what I'd do.
100%. For those of you who haven't seen XPEL stealth in person, try to find some vids of OCD detailing stealth examples. I have two white cars but I feel like it really makes the black and MSM and blue colors look extra special. Either way it really accentuates the curves of the cars and definitely gives it a very special look all the while protecting with self healing properties.

Me too, but doing a full wrap was a true test of my patience. The front and year bumpers are no joke. I realized with this after doing it that it does take a fair amount of finesse and paying someone is worth it.
Took delivery of my MYP yesterday. It went straight from the lot to my garage (five miles). It will stay there until my appointment at the detail shop in two weeks, where it will get a full front Xpel and full ceramic coat. Most Tesla's on the road these days look like they've never been washed. Mine will be a lean, mean, and clean electric machine!

I will be doing full new-car prep this weekend myself. Decontamination bath, iron-x remover, NanoSkin synthetic clay bar, one-step polish with Sonax Perfect Finish using Rupes fine polish pads, one coat of Crystal Serum Light, and finishing with two coats of EXO v4. Interior protected with Colourlock Faux Leather Protector. Glass sealed with Wolf's Nano Glass.

Will take most of the three day weekend. A lot of work but I love doing it. I find it therapeutic and rewarding. Everyone else thinks I'm crazy!!!

Out of pocket this is about $1000, but it would cost roughly $3500 to have it done by a pro.

Great stuff. I just did my white seats with colourlock. Totally agree with you about working on it yourself. My wife calls it going to church. I just put on some great music, take my time and watch the transformation take place. No one touches my cars but me. Also a follower of Obsessed Garage

Reactions: Gbee
Once the VIN shows in the app/online you will receive a text within approximately 3-4 days requesting you to schedule delivery. I was also told by a Tesla rep you can call to schedule delivery as soon as the VIN shows online.
I wasn't able to schedule delivery until 11 days after VIN. Delivery is 16 days after VIN, and I'm relatively close to factory. It's different for everyone.

Reactions: Starway2001

I'll bring mine up next weekend for you to work on. I'll pay you in beer and food. You'll be really good at it after practicing on yours.

CE00B224-5C83-40B5-85FC-647133114EC3.jpeg

She’s home.

A few panel gap issues but nothing major. Best of luck to everyone waiting. It’s worth it!

Just received a message from Tesla and schedule home delivery date/time. Are there anything I need to know when I sign the agreement?
1: how/when should I ACH my deposit to them?
2: after inspection and I am not satisfied. Can o return the car within 3days 100 mile, and am I back to the waiting game?

Thank you

Reactions: gabesir
My order date for white MYP with white interior was 9/25/21.
My delivery estimate was 11/30/21 - 12/30/21

Today I woke up and new delivery estimate is 1/24/22 - 2/21/22.

I received a call early November asking if I was ready to take delivery. I said not until my delivery window. Told them I’ll be ready mid December which was within my original delivery estimate.
Aaaand now I have a VIN assigned with an EDD of 11/24/21 to 11/28/21.

So much instability with these dates.

Just received a message from Tesla and schedule home delivery date/time. Are there anything I need to know when I sign the agreement?
1: how/when should I ACH my deposit to them?
2: after inspection and I am not satisfied. Can o return the car within 3days 100 mile, and am I back to the waiting game?

Thank you
If you are not happy with the vehicle you cannot return it. Those days are long gone unfortunately. My advice is to not pay until you are completely satisfied with the vehicle and/or you get a firm commitment to address any identified issues.

Reactions: Tomcool
My quick thoughts on PPF. Cost I was quoted to do clear on most of the front is $1500-2000. Cost to do full car Suntek matte w/Tesla club discount is $4100. I think the matte in general is more bang for your buck IF that is the appearance you want. Front clear vs full clear is a much more difficult decision. For me the decision is front partial clear or full matte. $1.5-2k vs $4k is a choice that is different for everyone. I will say MSM looks freaking awesome in person, very dark, love it.