Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to set you straight since nothing you wrote here is accurate. The Performance is more profitable for Tesla so they prioritize production of it over the Long Range. That's why you see the shorter delivery times. Same with the other models, the most expensive version has the shortest delivery time.

AFAIK the Model Y is only being built at Fremont and China, so all North America Model Y's are coming out of Fremont. Austin is not online yet.

Lastly the 4680 batteries are not in any of the production cars yet. And nobody knows what the effect will be on range or performance, it's all just speculation at this point.
How can you set someone straight if you don't have the facts? The MYP has a shorter lead team over the MY LR, full stop. There are theories but it's all speculation which seems to be king on TMC. Too much speculation and conjecture and not enough facts. It's exhausting reading posts with people pontificating about lead times, 4680 cells, the Austin factory and the tax credits. No one knows concrete details on any of this stuff. Just wait for it to play out and then react accordingly.

Reactions: BigDanSRQ
You're probably right. I'm sure it's more complex than just profitability. I'm sure the market demand for the LR is more than the P. And most likely the SR demand was so high that they had to pull it off the website as their backlog probably filled up. But they probably didn't want to spend all their time building SR models when they had demand for LR and P models that were more profitable, so I'm sure it factored in to the build algorithm.

I mean sure it's possible that they are not supply constrained by the plain brake calipers or the gemini wheels, but I doubt that's the driving factor behind why the P is delivered up to 4 months earlier than the LR.
Trust me I'm not dismissing or minimizing the profit motive, just theorycrafting that the assembly process and other production constraints could just as easily be a big problem. If I were Elon, I'd certainly be making MYP's first and saying to heck with those MYSR/MYLR peasants ;-)

Took delivery of my MYP yesterday. It went straight from the lot to my garage (five miles). It will stay there until my appointment at the detail shop in two weeks, where it will get a full front Xpel and full ceramic coat. Most Tesla's on the road these days look like they've never been washed. Mine will be a lean, mean, and clean electric machine!
I tried this, but couldn’t NOT drive mine! Dropping it off to the detailer on Sunday.

Reactions: John in LB
Refreshed this morning to a new EDD! OD is 11/17. It was 1/24-2/21. It is now 12/28-12/31! It is only a 3-4 day frame.

PS: unsure if we will be accepted for financing, so if anyone has the same specs in SoCal, maybe you will have ours! 😊

Specs: MSM, Black interior, no add ons in LA
I got the same. ordered 11/4. EDD 12/20-12/31. I was accepted for financing with no money down with a 680 credit score. YMMV

Has anybody heard anything, from Tesla or in the news, about some sort of change to the 'hold' policy? Apparently lots of folks are trying to game the tax credits and repeatedly putting their car on hold and somehow Tesla is going to force them to either take delivery or cancel the order. Not sure of the details but supposedly they're sending emails to the worst offenders, however that's defined.

My order has been on hold for about a month but I haven't received an email; maybe it's people on their second or third hold, or over six months or whatever. Or maybe I'm smoking drugs and made it all up, who knows? But seriously, I've been expecting something like this because if the tax credit passes they'll probably have no sales for a month or so, so I don't blame them.

Anyway, just wondering if anybody's actually seen this or has any more detail.

Has anybody heard anything, from Tesla or in the news, about some sort of change to the 'hold' policy? Apparently lots of folks are trying to game the tax credits and repeatedly putting their car on hold and somehow Tesla is going to force them to either take delivery or cancel the order. Not sure of the details but supposedly they're sending emails to the worst offenders, however that's defined.

My order has been on hold for about a month but I haven't received an email; maybe it's people on their second or third hold, or over six months or whatever. Or maybe I'm smoking drugs and made it all up, who knows? But seriously, I've been expecting something like this because if the tax credit passes they'll probably have no sales for a month or so, so I don't blame them.

I don't have any official information, but I think they're targeting the people who have been delaying delivery for a year-plus - some people have undelivered orders they've been delaying since 2019! Delaying 3 months as you have is probably fine, as long as you take delivery in early Jan as anticipated.

Yes, there are several articles about it. Just Google it and you'll find plenty.

I don't have any official information, but I think they're targeting the people who have been delaying delivery for a year-plus - some people have undelivered orders they've been delaying since 2019! Delaying 3 months as you have is probably fine, as long as you take delivery in early Jan as anticipated.
I don't think I'd actually take delivery in early Jan, I think when I lift the hold I go to the back of the queue so probably more like June or whatever, not that it really matters.

In my case the hold has nothing to do with the tax credit. I'm ex-military and retired and getting ready to move back home, and I want to buy the new house first so I can move straight into it, then sell the old house. To do that I'm going to have to be able to qualify for two mortgages at the same time so I need to keep my debt-to-income ratio acceptable, and I just don't make enough in retirement pay to qualify for two mortgages plus another $800/mo car loan for the Tesla plus my existing car loan. So I put the Tesla on hold so I can buy the second house first, then I'll buy the Tesla.

But as an unplanned bonus, yeah, I might end up getting a tax credit/refund too, which would be great since I'll probably have to sell some stock anyhow in 2022.

I picked up my MYP today at the Tesla factory in Fremont, CA!!!

Pickup was contactless.
What a great experience not having to go into "the finance managers:" office to sign papers and deal with attempted add ons. I will never buy another car where I have to do that again.

Everything signed online. Got a text message right in the middle of my 11a-12pm window indicating what parking spot the car was in. Car was clean, no issues at all. No scratches / scuffs / misalignments / tears / fingerprints or other.

My 15yo son and I drove her home with a huge smile on our faces.

Order to delivery 31 days. 7 EDD changes (most in the same-ish range).

Things I liked:
  • Online ordering
  • Not haggling
  • Online ordering:
  • Showroom experience: I did test drive at a showroom. The showroom experience was unexpectedly nice! No pressure. High willingness to introduce me in a very pleasant way to a good product. Offers to test drive with zero of the typical, "What's it going to take to get you in one of these babies today?" type questions.
  • Contactless delivery (Love this)
  • Delivery appointment setup.
Things that could Improve:
  • EDD Stability: Though they did meet the promise of an October delivery from a Sept order, the "moving EDD" game kinda sucked. It could do with a bit of stability.
  • Signage to the delivery location when arriving at Tesla in Fremont could do with a bit of beefing up.

For those of you still waiting:
16 DAYS TILL THE Mid-Nov RAIN OF VINs EVENT!!! It's happening!!!
Tesla is going to clear out the backlog !! @Starway2001 I'm looking at you!
Can you update your delivery info in the spreadsheet please now that you have taken delivery. Congrats. You got some luck it seems. We ordered on the same day and have the exact same config. I’m in Los Angeles though so perhaps you were an easier sell. In the past I lived nearish to Fremont in San Rafael by coincidence. Seems the car went to you & about a month later I’m still waiting for a VIN. Perhaps you got the last car in the batch of our config. I hear red + tow bar equals delays these days. Welp, I enter my EDD range on Monday. Keeping fingers crossed. Would be great to have it for some upcoming road trips.