Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MYP yesterday!!!

IMG_1132.jpeg

Car is pretty much perfect. Panels all seem straight, lights all work, no scratches or scuffs. And I'm sure you want to know, wireless charging and usb ports all work.

Delivery experience was odd but no real complaints. I ended up trading my F80 M3 into Tesla. Earlier in the week I submitted it to them again for another trade in offer and this time they came up from $37.5k to $40k even from their October price. That was close enough to what Carvana offered for me to not deal with the hassle and just go to Tesla.

It just seems odd that I went there, handed over my title, signed 6 pages that weren't even completely filled out, tapped accept delivery in the app and the guy helped me pair the phone with the car and said "okay, you're good. any questions?"

View attachment 740680

Car is pretty much perfect. Panels all seem straight, lights all work, no scratches or scuffs. And I'm sure you want to know, wireless charging and usb ports all work.

Delivery experience was odd but no real complaints. I ended up trading my F80 M3 into Tesla. Earlier in the week I submitted it to them again for another trade in offer and this time they came up from $37.5k to $40k even from their October price. That was close enough to what Carvana offered for me to not deal with the hassle and just go to Tesla.

It just seems odd that I went there, handed over my title, signed 6 pages that weren't even completely filled out, tapped accept delivery in the app and the guy helped me pair the phone with the car and said "okay, you're good. any questions?"
These cars literally sell themselves because Tesla certainly isn’t doing anything to sell them.

Reactions: Maximus831
These cars literally sell themselves because Tesla certainly isn’t doing anything to sell them.
Yeah pretty much. You'd think for a product so different from everything else on the road that they'd at least give you some kind of quick once over of the features and what's different.

I found it even more strange how little attention they gave my trade in. In the past trade ins at regular dealerships they'd take the car away to a mechanic who would go over some kind of checklist. Traded in a Volvo C30 once and they came back and said the AM radio wasn't working so took a bit off for that. I had no idea, never used the AM.

This guy basically walked around the car once, looked inside, checked the odometer and was done. I asked if Tesla just auctioned off all the cars and he said "oh this car has already been sold."

• Informative
Reactions: SuzyQ4
My car came with the Pirelli's. That said the 4s would be a great next set.

Looks like they do make that tire in our size in a specific version.

255/35ZR21 98W XL T0 Acoustic BSW​

and

275/35ZR21 103W XL T0 Acoustic BSW​

And also a non XL BSW version without the acoustic, don't know what that is. It says it's a new tire. Hope they make it because it would be nice to have a performance M+S tire available for the 21" wheels.

View attachment 740680

Congrats! I'm sure this has been covered in the past, but when I took delivery on my 21 Y LG in July, I only noticed a FEW things while taking the delivery. It was a drop off, and I had them pull into my under ground garage which is pretty dark. But as time went by like weeks, I kept fining small issues with the car which I did not notice during the delivery. I think I was too excited, and it blinded me. Regardless of the 100 or so miles you need to report things, they have serviced everything I have reported before the 1st service appointment. Keep checking to see if you find anything wrong with the car just to make sure.

Yeah pretty much. You'd think for a product so different from everything else on the road that they'd at least give you some kind of quick once over of the features and what's different.

I found it even more strange how little attention they gave my trade in. In the past trade ins at regular dealerships they'd take the car away to a mechanic who would go over some kind of checklist. Traded in a Volvo C30 once and they came back and said the AM radio wasn't working so took a bit off for that. I had no idea, never used the AM.

This guy basically walked around the car once, looked inside, checked the odometer and was done. I asked if Tesla just auctioned off all the cars and he said "oh this car has already been sold."

When my Signature P85 Model S came in (first 1000 made) they gave a red carpet treatment. You can thank Covid for what you see now.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Is this a good or a bad thing?

Which is the better value / performer for the end user?
It’s a good thing for those living in a climate where summer tires don’t make sense in the winter months. It’s a bad thing if they do it without telling us. I have a stack of Michelin PS All Season 4s in the garage waiting for delivery day because I was told the summer Pirellis were the only option available.

Here’s another post with others reporting the same thing on FB: