Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered before both of you and nothing.
Tesla produces cars in batches by color and other options, so there is really no comparison here with your Y being a different combo. There is some luck and bad luck when ordering. If you order at the "right" time, you may get one of the last VINs for the combo you ordered that is set to go into production soonest, OR you might have the opposite happen and just miss out on being assigned to that batch and have to wait to go back through the entire cycle of other colors, options, etc.

View attachment 746746

Took delivery of MYP this morning in Corte Madera, CA. Car was built Sunday. Happens quick in the bay. Didn’t even have time to sell the 21’ MYLR yet. Everything is fine on the car so far will look it over more. 348xxx vin has the Michelin’s.
Beautiful car. I have the same config on order. Just got my VIN an hour ago. 346xxx I’m out of state for the holidays. Likely will have to put on hold. Bummer and congratulations to you. EDD just changed to 12/21-25

Last edited:
Ouch... ordered same combo as you the day before you, also in Portland. No VIN and EDD still Jan 4 - Feb 1. Text from Tesla a few days ago said they expect December delivery though, so maybe I get a VIN soon.
I was in this 12/15-12/31 eta window since day 1 and it updated to a smaller gap and then bam the vin hit today. The timelines are all over the place. The one catch is the weather looks like crap starting Sunday in Portland and not sure how this will impact car deliveries into the new year.

I was in this 12/15-12/31 eta window since day 1 and it updated to a smaller gap and then bam the vin hit today. The timelines are all over the place. The one catch is the weather looks like crap starting Sunday in Portland and not sure how this will impact car deliveries into the new year.
Just in time for the road boulders to chip the windshield and paint. Looking forward to it. Can’t wait. Also that ridiculous location for a delivery center with steep hills is going to be fun.

Reactions: Nyc10jets
I did, they said if they don’t come with them, we can request a service to add them. I drove through the Portland Tesla lot tonight and the 3 MYP on the lot all had mud flaps.
I wish I'd known that. I did everything online and there was no option to request mud flaps and I definitely don't think they are standard on either the P or the LR. I ordered the OEM ones yesterday for $40.

Reactions: NoxGrimstad
I did, they said if they don’t come with them, we can request a service to add them. I drove through the Portland Tesla lot tonight and the 3 MYP on the lot all had mud flaps.
Thanks for the update on this. I ordered a MSM, MYP in Late November. Initially was given a EDD in Portland for the end of Dec and then it changed to Jan 3-31. No update since then. I'm hoping one of those on the lot is mine! Congrats and Happy Holidays.

Received my vin yesterday. EDD was also changed, from Dec. 26-30 to Dec. 22-26.

Does Tesla drill holes in the front of the car for the license plate? I'd prefer they not drill the front, but I don't know if that's standard.

Thanks, and congrats to all who received their Model Y's...
My understanding is that it’s just double-sided sticky tape. I’m hoping they don’t even stick mine on since I have a replacement mount ready to go.

MYP MSM/no tow... two orders, both on hold. Interesting history though. Refinancing a home and its taking forever so I thought I'd see how much I can push back the hold dates.

Car 1 - OD of 11/5/21, updated specs 11/12/21. Placed on hold 11/13. Hold date awarded of 2/27/22

Car 2 - OD of 12/5/21, updated specs several times, last update 12/21/21. Placed on hold 12/22/21. Max hold date awarded of 1/22/22...........

Reactions: snoopocean
I ended up cancelling my MSM/Black MYP order and was able to snag a New 2022 Red/White MYP from inventory! Picking up on Friday in Irvine! I hope it's not a rejected vin but it ends in 399XX (I believe)? I am not too sure how ppl analyze the end of the numbers lol does anyone know if its a recent build?