Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only ordered on 5/14, but ya I wonder when the P models will actually be sent out...I'm sure the LR are the more normal order by quite a bit, but you'd think they wouldn't just do a "Let's make all the LRs, then we can move on to P" route.

EDIT: Should mention I got MYP Blue/Black, nothing else special. Delivery date used to say June 12-30, but it's just said 3-7 Weeks from Order Placed Date for the past 4 days or so. Cleveland area.

I don’t think they will release 4680 cell batteries like some may expect. Rather than all of a sudden having model Y having 400 mile ranges, they may initially put less 4680 cells into the new model Ys or raise prices for the higher ranges like the plaid which I’m thinking may be quite a bit more money.
From past history, I'd guess they would put a full complement of 4680 cells in but limit range through software. Then offer extended range as an upgrade (OTA).

From what I have read, the 4680s won't be in Model Ys until the Texas factory is done.
This photo is from a 5/12/21 MYP, Looks the same as my M3. This one still has the spot-welded front assembly. I would guess(Hope) the new cells are a year out.

20210523_125537.jpg

Im assuming they do the performance in batches. Watch within a 1 week period we will all get our MYP hence the 3-5 weeks on the site. They want to boost up the sales so that the production run is worth their time. I am going to guess mid June we will get our vehicles. I ordered April 5th and my brother-in-law ordered his Mar 28th and we have heard nothing since.

I will also say... come hell or high water, I expect Tesla to do everything in their power to deliver all outstanding orders during the current production run up to the point where Elon said they were sold out of capacity for the quarter, which was around the second week of May. This is due to needing to report steady or increased production rate to satisfy investors, given that Tesla going into profitability is to a huge extent predicated on their ability to ramp up production this year.

I had my SA change my order from MYP to MY LR a week ago and still has an MYP in my profile. At this point, I don't care what I get as long as the color is correct and it has a hitch. I sold the car we are replacing this with and I am tired of driving my wife's car.

So today I checked again and still showing the MYP instead of MY LR.

MYP White/Black w/tow ordered 5/14. The window just moved forward a bit (6/9 - 6/25) as well as tightened a bit. So that puts it 14-30 days out.

Now I am thinking maybe I do care about which I get. Especially since the window on MY LRs is now 3-11 weeks. So if my order actually is changed to the MY LR, I may start all over and could be at the 11 week window.

Anyone know when the change over window is at least from a model year perspective is so that cars will be considered a 2022 model? I get the entire continuous improvement (and the opposite as based on removing radar from MY and M3) spiel about Teslas. But it can matter from a resale perspective. An MYP built hypothetically in Aug of 2021 and has the model year of 2021 on its title will typically be worth less than a car built in Sep 2021 that has 2022 for its model year.

I had my SA change my order from MYP to MY LR a week ago and still has an MYP in my profile. At this point, I don't care what I get as long as the color is correct and it has a hitch. I sold the car we are replacing this with and I am tired of driving my wife's car.

So today I checked again and still showing the MYP instead of MY LR.

MYP White/Black w/tow ordered 5/14. The window just moved forward a bit (6/9 - 6/25) as well as tightened a bit. So that puts it 14-30 days out.

Now I am thinking maybe I do care about which I get. Especially since the window on MY LRs is now 3-11 weeks. So if my order actually is changed to the MY LR, I may start all over and could be at the 11 week window.

Anyone know when the change over window is at least from a model year perspective is so that cars will be considered a 2022 model? I get the entire continuous improvement (and the opposite as based on removing radar from MY and M3) spiel about Teslas. But it can matter from a resale perspective. An MYP built hypothetically in Aug of 2021 and has the model year of 2021 on its title will typically be worth less than a car built in Sep 2021 that has 2022 for its model year.
They literally just started selling "2021" model year cars in early Spring...Teslas don't sell "model year" cars for most of this stuff, it's purely about features. You could have very different "2021 Model Year" Teslas whether you purchase them in February or November, whereas most other manufacturers use those feature differences to define the model year.

Basically: Model Year doesn't matter for Teslas, because it's strictly the year it was manufactured. The features your car has are what defines it.

Hey All- happy to bring the first bit of hope for our MYP group here.

Middle of the night last night I received the “Complete your payment” email… site was obviously bricked and haven’t been able to get on.

I received a text with a drop off for Saturday 5/29 home delivery (contactless). I live about 30 mins from the Fremont factory in CA Bay Area.
Confirmed that and hope I can get in the site and pay on time.

ordered: 4/11 - Black/Black MYP no tow no FSD!