Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a medicore customer experience. I was assigned my first VIN and offered two delivery dates (12/29 and 12/30). Couldn't make them 'cause I was out of town for the holidays and out of Tesla's home delivery radius, so I had to pass.

At the time, my SA told me (pasted from a few texts):
We would have to release the VIN and get you a second car next year. The good news is that Performance get produced first so I wouldn't expect too long of a wait. I would hope your next VIN would be in Jan or early Feb. Do you want to go that route? Wait for the second car?

Performance models are always produced first. The factory will make you a priority. I do not suspect a long wait for you to get a second VIN.

Your order agreement allows you to pass on this car. The people having concerns* ordered in August or earlier.
*I had mentioned my concern reading stories here and elsewhere about people getting March EDDs.

1/2 comes along, and shocker: February 28 - March 28 EDD.

All my SA has to say is he "hopes it adjusts sooner." And that I'm "flagged for an earlier car. I hope it happens."

If, at the time, he had told me I would likely be looking at an end of Q1 delivery range if I passed on the VIN, I would have changed my flight home to take delivery. I need a family vehicle because we have a kid on the way. January is fine. March is cutting it way too close.

Anyway, I'm just venting, this is a first world problem (and a solvable one) -- just a very annoying experience. There is no rational reason to rush production & deliveries at the end of the quarter/year besides to juice the stock price. I'm sure it results in terrible labor conditions at the factory and more mistakes/defects in the rushed products.

What a medicore customer experience. I was assigned my first VIN and offered two delivery dates (12/29 and 12/30). Couldn't make them 'cause I was out of town for the holidays and out of Tesla's home delivery radius, so I had to pass.

*I had mentioned my concern reading stories here and elsewhere about people getting March EDDs.

All my SA has to say is he "hopes it adjusts sooner." And that I'm "flagged for an earlier car. I hope it happens."

If, at the time, he had told me I would likely be looking at an end of Q1 delivery range if I passed on the VIN, I would have changed my flight home to take delivery. I need a family vehicle because we have a kid on the way. January is fine. March is cutting it way too close.

Anyway, I'm just venting, this is a first world problem (and a solvable one) -- just a very annoying experience. There is no rational reason to rush production & deliveries at the end of the quarter/year besides to juice the stock price. I'm sure it results in terrible labor conditions at the factory and more mistakes/defects in the rushed products.
My case is very similar to yours - my OD is exactly the same as yours, 11/10. The car's config is the same except the color is white, and my location is also in LA/OC. The current EDD for me is 3/7-3/31 -- at least your time frame is slightly closer, if that makes you feel better.

I just talked to a customer service's manager earlier today, and she told me that the EDD is likely to change soon as she's aware of a system update that is going to be deployed. I also requested to speak to my SA when he's back from PTO for more insights. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Heintzer

What triggers me is that you have an OD after me and you had a chance to get the car. My EDD is in March.

I might have the longest wait time! OD 9/12, MSM MYP, White interior, hitch. As of this morning, EDD pushed out 1/6-1/31. I was in my EDD three separate times through the back end of December. Seattle delivery.
Hopefully our September orders are rewarded from these abnormally long delivery times with the new chips or some other kind of upgrade. Frustrating, nonetheless. I asked an advisor why so many people who ordered after me have already taken delivery and they just deflect the question. 9/29 for me, EDD 1/31-2/28 (SoCal).

The SA’s don’t know, only location managers can really dive into things a bit it seem. Like my issue in a recent Portland delivery experience where they didn’t bring cars up due to weather, they just reassigned them elsewhere to make Q4 deadlines. He said there’s a build date of 1/12 set for my profile, but we’ll see if that proves accurate. Hadn’t been able to get an exact build date. SA’s really are handcuffed with info and nor do they really care. They are more focused on getting test drives setup and not paid a commission on sales.