Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would take it. Honestly unless you are using full self driving and not using apps can't see if AMD is better. Plus in 3 years the Y will be different car. 400+ miles probably an Apple Chip, built in fame throwers, Tequila dispenser in the center console because it really will this time drive it's self.

Plus if you put it off you may get one of the first Y's from Austin that you know will panel gaps the size of Texas.
Yep. It’s the right decision until it’s not. :cool:

Besides… like I told my wife there is no commitment. Even if I put it on hold, when is it guaranteed to be Ryzen? According to the still never verified not official memo the only guarantee is Q2? Why wait and have to share a car on the “hope” it’s AMD? Maybe it’s Austin! Maybe BBB will pass and I’ll save money!!

Or maybe I’ll get a Fremont lemon with Intel, no BBB and I’ll always wonder about the beauty I passed on… 😂😂

Reactions: backlash224
Yep. It’s the right decision until it’s not. :cool:

Besides… like I told my wife there is no commitment. Even if I put it on hold, when is it guaranteed to be Ryzen? According to the still never verified not official memo the only guarantee is Q2? Why wait and have to share a car on the “hope” it’s AMD? Maybe it’s Austin! Maybe BBB will pass and I’ll save money!!

Or maybe I’ll get a Fremont lemon with Intel, no BBB and I’ll always wonder about the beauty I passed on… 😂😂
Go with your gut instinct.

Reactions: Budshark
Does anyone know exactly when EDDs update? I've been wearing out my F5 key checking on my EDD, but the only times I've ever seen it update were first thing in the morning (went to bed with one EDD, then woke up to a new one). Is it worth checking throughout the day, or will it only ever update first thing in the morning? Anyone ever seen it update mid-day?

Does anyone know exactly when EDDs update? I've been wearing out my F5 key checking on my EDD, but the only times I've ever seen it update were first thing in the morning (went to bed with one EDD, then woke up to a new one). Is it worth checking throughout the day, or will it only ever update first thing in the morning? Anyone ever seen it update mid-day?
I could never get a good answer to this. Seems to update over night, however getting a VIN assigned can happen at anytime.

Reactions: MYandCT2021
I get the hold conversation but this is predominantly a Tesla problem.

They create the conditions (short delivery windows, no flexibility, mid-year meaningful equipment changes).

If they solved all or some of those problems the Hold conversation would be gone. We are blaming people who use the legal and contractual options given to them to maximize their investment. Why not blame the company that incentivizes them to wait or provides no flexibility to an unclear and complicated (often life impacting) decision?

It’s a frustrating and stressful situation for all involved. But I would never criticize a person for trying to maximize their $60k investment. Nor would I criticize someone for NOT waiting because they don’t value the updates or they can’t wait 2-6 weeks longer. This is all silly.

And no, I haven’t decided. My wife says to wait. I want to move forward. My SA advised me to go on hold, that they think the update is worth it. So right now I’m outvoted, unless I count some of you randos who call people who hold “shitty customers”. :D:D
The other things that will reduce the hold issue are Tesla not raising the price $10K (on the LR, granted the increase on the MYP was much less) in less than a year and shorter wait times. If EDDs were steady and accurate at 4 to 6 weeks and prices didn't go up in such significant and frequent jumps there would be much less incentive to try to hold vs reorder in a month or two.

I've only had it change overnight and one time around 5pm.

The other things that will reduce the hold issue are Tesla not raising the price $10K (on the LR, granted the increase on the MYP was much less) in less than a year and shorter wait times. If EDDs were steady and accurate at 4 to 6 weeks and prices didn't go up in such significant and frequent jumps there would be much less incentive to try to hold vs reorder in a month or two.
What they should do, if you put it on hold. And if the price increases during that period, you should have to pay the higher price.

Reactions: tylermatney
Because why would you order a car when you dont want it.
When lead times are bouncing around from 2 months to 12 months depending on model and configuration and prices are increasing seemingly every 4-5 weeks, I can see the logic for a lot of people placing their orders just trying to time the market and get in line...but actually wanting their car 6+ months out.

None of this is a great experience for anyone involved IMO.

Because why would you order a car when you dont want it.
That’s a very one dimensional point of view and response.

Nothing wrong with having flexibility when spending $60k+ and on top of that we are human; life gets in the way and in many times it’s more important than accepting a car on a random date Tesla chooses. If Tesla provided more realistic and accurate delivery windows then I could see more of a reason to be stringent in holds, but even then when delivery is months out, you just can’t plan for everything.

As an edit: If someone wants to hold for the BBB plan, or the newest processor, then why not. Are you paying the $60k+ for the car or are they? Is it directly effecting you if someone holds? Likely helps get yours quicker. To me, people so concerned with this are control freaks.

When I went to pick up my MYP this last Sunday at Burbank about half of the Y's were MYP's.
How was the pick up at Burbank? Smooth? My order date was 10/18 and was had edd for 12/25-12/31 , pushed to first week of jan and now 1/17-2/14….

Was really hoping the spoiler issue wasnt true but saw your comment in previous post about most of the MYP’s at Burbank didnt have them😩.