Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it safe to say if I place an order today for a MYP, Tesla won’t make the estimated delivery date of March 2022 like their site currently says?
you'll most likely get it with the 1st Quarter EOD push. Most of us who have ordered it in October and held past December got pushed back to Feb - March so.... Fck Tesla and California EOD bulL$h1t

EDD is strictly based upon production and nothing more. Factors that interrupt production could be from the supply side or the demand side. Consumer holds or lack of paint, parts, etc.

MYP, MSM/Blk, tow, no FSD
OD: 1/26
Houston, TX
Current EDD: 2/26-3/26

MYLR, W/B, no tow, no FSD, 7 seater, 19”
OD: 11/1
Houston, TX
Current EDD: 4/26-5/26

I JUST WANT A CAR

• Disagree
Reactions: NoxGrimstad
I legit just got a VIN

• 11/02/21:
    • OD MYLR base everything
  • 01/06/22:
    • Changed to MYP Blue/Black/Tow
    • EDD: March 2022
    • Completed profile
  • 01/15/22 (ish):
    • EDD: Feb 26-Mar26
  • 02/02/22:
    • Posted in this thread
  • 02/03/22:
    • VIN assigned F372XXX
    • EDD Feb 18-22
(Boston)
Where in boston? I’m jealous.

OD 11/26
MYP Black/white no tow no fsd EDD 2/12-3/12 was previously 1/12-2/12. Pickup in Peabody MA.

I have not seen many MYP Blue/Black w/Tow deliveries. Only a couple people waiting with and w/ out VIN's. Is Blue Not a very popular color? Is there a place to search a % color wheel or graph? Like 35% White, 30% Black, 15% Gray, 10% Red, 10% Blue 🤔
Blue/Black/Tow, that’s me!

9/14 OD, switched to P on 11/14. Atlanta area with EDD 2/23-3/23, steady for the last month since falling from a late January original guesstimate.

When I ordered in SoCal on 9/29, it was "Est. Delivery: November". Current EDD is 2/13-3/13. System is a joke. No holds at any time. Maybe I'm just stuck in an endless void of unluckiness.
everytime I see your dates and post i feel really bad for you my friend! I am sure yours is just weird tech glitch that I am amazed no one can override!! i mean its only logical that people ordering dec end jan getting VIN and not the guy who had on order september and NO HOLDS.... hope you get one soon. i would say tweet to Elon as well... we can all retweet and get you some traction too.

Reactions: Flex
Man, I'm really getting annoyed with Tesla. Another EDD push. Chronology below:

OD:10/02
Declined 2021 VIN on 11/02 (I think I got the last 2021 made)
Got back in the queue.
Informed Tesla that I'd be out of the country on 12/04
Received '22 VIN on 12/03 with pickup needed right in the middle of my trip.
Arranged third party transport to have the car delivered while I was away and received by a family member.
Car arrived on 12/14 damaged.
Tesla picked up the car on 12/17 for a return.
Got back int the queue.
EDD continuously pushes out each time I get close to the start of the range.
I'm now at 02/14-03/14. Was previously 02/06-02/12.

Sold my truck in November assuming that I'd have a car quickly.

I also have R241 wheels and Nokian snow tires sitting at a tire shop in SLC since MYPs at the start of this journey were shipping with summer tires and I need to drive 400 miles to get home. By the time I get the car I probably won't even need the winter setup until next year.

I'm just ranting, but Tesla really sucks at this forecasting gig and lacks any ability to inform of reliable dates for delivery. The saga continues.

Got back in the queue.
Arranged third party transport to have the car delivered while I was away and received by a family member.
Got back int the queue.

I also have R241 wheels and Nokian snow tires sitting at a tire shop in SLC since MYPs at the start of this journey were shipping with summer tires and I need to drive 400 miles to get home. By the time I get the car I probably won't even need the winter setup until next year.

I'm just ranting, but Tesla really sucks at this forecasting gig and lacks any ability to inform of reliable dates for delivery. The saga continues.
You denied your first car, which was the one you ordered. Doesn’t seem like Tesla’s fault.

Got back in the queue.
Got back int the queue.

I mean I get it but ask yourself this question and put yourself into a business owners shoes. You have a product that is hot as can be. You get said limited product and the line is long. You can send one email to one customer and the deal is done no questions asked. Or you can send an email to another customer and they decline, defer, have a bunch of "qualifications" to take delivery, the delivery window doesn't work etc etc. As the business owner who are you going to spend your time, effort and energy on?

I am not justifying TESLA (especially delivering a quality issue car). I am just putting myself in a business owners shoes (which I am). While I want ALL customers I certainly prioritize the easy ones first rather than the high maintenance ones.

I hope you get your car soon.

I mean I get it but ask yourself this question and put yourself into a business owners shoes. You have a product that is hot as can be. You get said limited product and the line is long. You can send one email to one customer and the deal is done no questions asked. Or you can send an email to another customer and they decline, defer, have a bunch of "qualifications" to take delivery, the delivery window doesn't work etc etc. As the business owner who are you going to spend your time, effort and energy on?

I am not justifying TESLA (especially delivering a quality issue car). I am just putting myself in a business owners shoes (which I am). While I want ALL customers I certainly prioritize the easy ones first rather than the high maintenance ones.

I hope you get your car soon.
The small business analogy doesn't really work here, but I get what you're saying. In this case, we're dealing with production algorithms and remote customer service reps staring at laptops in their living rooms.

Tesla makes amazing cars. We already have one of them and I'm trying to get a second. While the build quality still has room for improvement, it's damn good now - but the customer service side of the business is their Achilles heel. Right now demand is so high and there is very little competition. That will change in the next few years. Automated ordering and delivery only works when it works, and anyone who's been through the process can see the gaping holes that need improvement. Forecasting and delivery specifically. Tesla appears to over-promise on delivery only to move the goals posts at the last minute. Happens over and over on these forums, and it's frustrating and difficult to plan around when they only give you 3 days to pick up a car. Beyond that - and I said this to the sales manager - if Tesla can't underwrite the safe delivery of third party transport, then they shouldn't even offer the service. When a $65k car shows up delivered by some wahoos on an open trailer with mud and rocks all slung up the side of the brand new car, it reflects poorly on the Tesla brand. Why they don't offer a covered transport option is a big miss to me. Imagine if that car being delivered was a $130k Plaid?

I'm not irrational about expectations, and I clearly see the supply/demand side of this issue. I also understand how jacked up the supply chain is right now and that delayed orders are business-as-usual these days. But I do see that Tesla can do much better. And I hope they do because other players are jumping in the fray and they can see Tesla's blind-spot.

EDD is strictly based upon production and nothing more. Factors that interrupt production could be from the supply side or the demand side. Consumer holds or lack of paint, parts, etc.

MYP, MSM/Blk, tow, no FSD
OD: 1/26
Houston, TX
Current EDD: 2/26-3/26

MYLR, W/B, no tow, no FSD, 7 seater, 19”
OD: 11/1
Houston, TX
Current EDD: 4/26-5/26

I JUST WANT A CAR
We are pretty much spot on with our MYP orders, except I didn't go with tow and my EDD: 2/25-3/25

Reactions: TJ21CT
You were out of town on a business trip at Tesla's directive, ergo that's on them too?
Man, I thought this was a support group? LOL.

Yes - I was out of the country, and used Tesla's 3rd party delivery to receive the vehicle during my absence. I wanted the car.

The 3rd party carrier picked up the car at the SC, documented damage before they even left the premises, and then put it on a trailer right above open wheels for a 400 mile trip in the sand, slop, and snow. That part is on Tesla and the 3rd party carriers that they employ.

"Production" = In production control / production planning computer. LOL Ours says the same "in production" blah blah blah, next few weeks, blah blah blah - with the 10th revised EDD now saying 2/7-3/7. It doesnt take a month to manufacture, thats for sure - they havent even started conceiving it until a VIN is issued.
Well at 10pm last night got my Vin 374xxx delivery window now 2/21-2/25.. so i guess my last EDD of 2/12-3/12 was indeed pretty on the spot..right in the middle.. now waiting for them to reach out for the actual delivery day..

Wowow! Many of you are getting much better delivery dates. My OD: 11/13/21 (Indianapolis). EDD: 3/15-4/15. Now 4/20-5/18. WTF?! I'm waiting nearly 6 months for delivery?! Tesla posted a July delivery at one point, then pulled back into Mar/Apr. Now pushed out a month to Apr./May.
Ordered - MYLR, white/black interior, 20" induction wheels, no tow, no FSD, 5 seat.