Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called and talked to someone else who says my car is expected on the 28th, my delivery appt has been set for the 27th. Sounds like I prob can’t take delivery until 3/1 now.

Weather seems to be messing up literally everything I’m expecting from California. UPS, FedEx, Tesla...

Ordered my MYP on 1/26 at Tesla store. At the time I was on the fence between LR and P (not really but wife was standing next to me so I ordered a LR when she was there). SA said I could go home and update the order from website. Did so that evening. Have had the same back and forth going from March to February deliveries back to March to 5-9 weeks out. Strange thing has always been my Design Details said MYP but Order Agreement said LR.

On 2/19 I emailed my SA to ask why there was a difference. Never heard back. Turns out I have an employee who used to work for Telsa. Asked if they still had friends over there and if they could check on my order. Turns out my car may have been in a bit of "Limbo" but that Tesla updated the order to MYP on 2/19 (coincidence? Nope!). My account still says 5-9 weeks out but insider people say 2nd or 3rd week of March for delivery most likely.

Moral of the story, if you make any changes to your car online, verify with your SA to be sure all is well in the system. They also said that many white interior vehicle are built later in the quarter so if you order white seats you may wait a bit longer depending on when you ordered unless there is existing inventory already.

Ok well I just got my "It's time to schedule delivery" message but I still don't have a VIN on my order page. (using the extension) Is this (tesla) normal?

When I click the schedule delivery button first available is a week from today.

I think I need to defer. I really want all the new bits, headlights, console, heated steering wheel, etc. And I still have my current lease so not in a big rush. What VIN minimum should I be looking for to ensure all those things?

Last edited:
Ok well I just got my "It's time to schedule delivery" message but I still don't have a VIN on my order page. (using the extension) Is this (tesla) normal?

When I click the schedule delivery button first available is a week from today.

I think I need to defer. I really want all the new bits, headlights, console, heated steering wheel, etc. And I still have my current lease so not in a big rush. What VIN minimum should I be looking for to ensure all those things?

There doesn't seem to be a single VIN cut off. Colour configuration etc.. seem to play a part in a wide variation of VIN assignment during this transition.

BTW my VIN doesn't show on my Tesla Account either - but my SA emailed it to me, so I could organize insurance ahead of delivery.

There doesn't seem to be a single VIN cut off. Colour configuration etc.. seem to play a part in a wide variation of VIN assignment during this transition.

BTW my VIN doesn't show on my Tesla Account either - but my SA emailed it to me, so I could organize insurance ahead of delivery.

Hmm good to know. I have not been contacted by my actual SA (assuming I have one). When they contact me, I guess I'll just ask them point blank about those bits.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Spoke with my SA today. Not sure what happened to my end of February early March delivery date that was requested. My SA said to expect delivery in the second half of March because production in the first half is dedicated to out of state deliveries. Doesn’t make much sense why I couldn’t take delivery this weekend or the first part of next week like the original estimate.

Second Model Y delivery date missed. Our first Model Y delivery missed by a month and our MX lease went into the courtesy return period and registration expired.

Now I have to reschedule my PPF and ceramic coat appointments.

Called and talked to someone else who says my car is expected on the 28th, my delivery appt has been set for the 27th. Sounds like I prob can’t take delivery until 3/1 now.

Weather seems to be messing up literally everything I’m expecting from California. UPS, FedEx, Tesla...
My MYP is off the train in Birmingham, AL, and on truck now to Jax, FL... delivery still stands for this Saturday, same date I scheduled about 2-3 weeks ago via the text message link I got.

Took delivery today. MYP, pure black, white interior. Went through a pretty thorough checklist and could not find a single issue outside of a little bit of wax left over from the detailer.

Confirmed setup:
VIN - 121xxx
Build date: 06 Feb
Heated steering wheel: yes
New headlights: yes
New console: no (yay)

Anyway, meet Nyx.
View attachment 639322
View attachment 639323

Looks great in black! Also like the new headlights.

Update: Delivery now scheduled for March 3rd, and my VIN, I previously had via email, showed up in my Tesla Account today.

Summary:

Order Date: 19th January 2021
Complete Profile Date (Trade Valuation): 21st January 2021
Date Notified of VIN: 14th February 2021
Date VIN in Tesla Account: 25th February 2021
Delivery Date: (current plan) - 3rd March 2021