Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have two MYs on order - a 2021 white on white MYP and a metallic silver on white MY LR, both ordered at the same time on 3/13.
  • The Long Range is showing a 3/18-3/31 delivery estimate
  • The Performance is showing 1-3 weeks as noted above (thankfully not 1-10 weeks, but it's possible that could change)
We're in Los Angeles so closer to Fremont than some orders. When we placed the order, the reps were stating delivery before the end of the month but we'll see. Our Model X took two months+ to arrive, we didn't get our VIN until week 6 - this was back in 2018.

I ordered a MYLR on 3/11 and it was estimated at 1-10 weeks; the associate I was working with estimated 6 weeks. On 3/13 my Tesla account showed an assigned VIN and estimated delivery between 3/20-3/28. I am schedule for delivery at the Indianapolis service center on 3/25. I was shocked in how fast it came thought.

Just to pay it forward with some eye candy, since I obsessively checked this thread waiting for my delivery :). Ordered Jan 16, delivered March 5th. No major issues or panel gaps that I noticed. A weird spot of dull paint and spoiler was ever so slightly unattached on one side, taking her to Tesla in a few weeks to fix.

Attachments

• 1D2229AC-E514-4AB8-8E88-DC6B772C36CA.jpeg
    1D2229AC-E514-4AB8-8E88-DC6B772C36CA.jpeg
    816.6 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: Mr X
Thread went quiet has anyone been getting VINs?
No VIN yet, ordered last Fri. (Mar. 13) but delivery date has improved from "1-3 weeks" to a specific date range (Mar. 22-31) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm seeing others in the LR waiting thread getting a VIN after ordering just a couple of days ago, but my wife's LR has no VIN either and we ordered at the same time.

I seem to have read somewhere that the timeframe for getting custom orders in this quarter ended 10 days ago so maybe we missed some cutoff but I know Elon wants to maximize his EOQ delivery numbers.

Picked up yesterday. It was actually a day earlier than originally expected. They actually told me they wouldn’t have the car ready for a couple of days due to not having the temp tags yet. They said I could take her home if I wanted to and will email me the temp tag sometime next week I figured the car is safer in my care than out there so I drive it home.
B0E9A7F3-6C06-4DAE-B453-1BB9D3277B36.jpeg

FBBADC74-61CC-46B8-B022-6F38C664976E.jpeg

No VIN yet, ordered last Fri. (Mar. 13) but delivery date has improved from "1-3 weeks" to a specific date range (Mar. 22-31) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm seeing others in the LR waiting thread getting a VIN after ordering just a couple of days ago, but my wife's LR has no VIN either and we ordered at the same time.

I seem to have read somewhere that the timeframe for getting custom orders in this quarter ended 10 days ago so maybe we missed some cutoff but I know Elon wants to maximize his EOQ delivery numbers.
I read that statement about the custom orders too. It said that Tesla would switch to fulfilling European orders. However, when you do the custom build for a Y selecting any european country (click on top right where it says US and select Germany for example) it will tell you that production will start mid-2021, and I believe that refers to giga-Berlin. I think the delivery dates are updated by our reps (or the tesla center that will handle our delivery) based on the stock they have, is within close distance or expected to arrive. I am no longer sure that there is any other science to this. I thought our custom builds would be placed in some kind of construction queue, but I have resigned myself to just wait and hope that sometime in the near future my tesla center gets a car with the specs I’m looking for (It helps that there are very few variables).

Ordered my MYP on 1/18/2020 for delivery in Santa Barbara and am still waiting for a VIN. Super happy for everyone getting their's so quickly, but damn throw me a bone Tesla :)
Still awaiting a VIN... I’m actually without a car at this point. If I don’t get delivery soon I’m going to have to cancel my order and buy an ICE. It’s honestly been a very poor experience thus far.